Solved Alert stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinabir94

Hi people!

We are wondering how to use the Alert Stage. Is it used as a message box? Does the process stop when reaching the Alert Stage or it continues and stores the alert message somewhere?

Thanks! :)

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi marinabir94

Brilliant question. An Alert stage is used to display notifications (on screen) whilst a process runs within the Control Room. It displays notifications in a similar fashion to the Facebook notifications you get within your browser when you remain logged in.

You can use it the same way as you would with any other stage in your process. Just link it in where you feel you can benefit from a notification. I personally would place these at points where your process terminates (and you cannot recover) or when a process has successfully completed.

An Alert stage allows you to link back into a process which means that the process does not stop when it reaches this particular point. If you don't provide a Link from the Alert stage to go to the next logical stage in your process then the process will of course terminate.

The message displayed will show up in the Session Logs.

I hope this helps. If I've not answered your question properly - do let me know :)

marinabir94

Thanks for the answer @anisjolly

Anyway, when I use the Alert Stage I'm not sure where exactly to check these "notifications". Each time the workflow passes through the Alert, is stored in the Process Log as all the rest of logs, however, it doesn't appear anywhere else.

Do I have to actívate ome specific function?

Thanks once again!

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi marinabir94

Yes, you will need to get your Blue Prism administrator to configure the alerts for the relevant process. This can only be done via the Users section under System.

You'll need to select the process you'd like to receive alerts for, along with the type of alerts you'd like to receive - this includes any custom Alerts (Alert stages added into the process). Remember, an Alert stage allows you to define custom alerts within your process.

When your Blue Prism administrator configures alerts for your process, they will have a pre-defined selection of alerts to choose from; i.e. Running / Completed / Failed etc.

Almost forgot to mention that you may want to ask your Blue Prism administrator to see if your BP profile has a subscription to receive Alerts. This can be found under the Roles and Permissions section of your Blue Prism Profile (System | Users).

Status
Not open for further replies.