Already attached - Not Connected

Sri

Hi,
I am facing a different problem. when I execute attach page it is executing fine, but when I came out from that page and 'check exist' using wait stage.. it throwing the error as 'Not Connected' Please let me know.. how can I solve this issue.

Attachments

• Already attached.PNG
    Already attached.PNG
    31 KB · Views: 312
  • Not Connected.PNG
    Not Connected.PNG
    32.9 KB · Views: 281

VJR

Hi Sri,

Instead of an 'Action' stage try calling the Attach using a 'Page' stage.
Also make sure that the element in the "check exist" Wait stage is part of the same application that you are attaching to on the Attach page (you might have already taken care of this but worth checking).

Also to avoid the "Already connected" message it is a best practice to use the IsConnected function in the Reader stage. If it returns True then no need to Attach and if it is False only then Attach it.

Post back with your observations. Also show how your Attach page looks like.

Sri

First of all.. It worked very fine.. thanks for the help..:)

However, I still didn't understand why does it didn't work. I already used attach, Is connected in previous page and it was attached, and when i came out and executed it from another page it was not working.

Thanks once again.!!:)

Attachments

• Attach Window.PNG
    Attach Window.PNG
    52.9 KB · Views: 262
  • Changed to.PNG
    Changed to.PNG
    50.7 KB · Views: 237

VJR

Hi Sri,

This could be happening due to the nature of the business objects. Calling a VBO that way from the Action stage might be establishing a connection to it but on coming out could be disconnecting.
Moreover, tabs of the business objects must be designed in a way such that they are independent of each other. If called, actions of BOs (using Action stage) should be called from the Process and not from within the Objects. They can be called using Page stages just like they are done in the Ms Excel VBO.
I suggest you to refer to the Object Design Guide on the Blue Prism portal.