Blue Prism changes extracted date to previous date while reading from Excel(using OLEDB)

Faris Ahamed

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to read date from a particular cell(Date format) in Excel(using OLEDB). Whenever the date is read, in the output the date changes to its previous day.

Eg:- If the date in the cell is 17/02/2021 after reading in Blue Prism the output shows 16/02/2021.
If the date in the cell is 15/02/2021 after reading in Blue Prism the output shows 14/02/2021.

Would highly appreciate if someone could help find a solution to the above issue.
FYI I am using Blue Prims v6.10.0
Thanks in advance.

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to read date from a particular cell(Date format) in Excel(using OLEDB). Whenever the date is read, in the output the date changes to its previous day.

Eg:- If the date in the cell is 17/02/2021 after reading in Blue Prism the output shows 16/02/2021.
If the date in the cell is 15/02/2021 after reading in Blue Prism the output shows 14/02/2021.

Would highly appreciate if someone could help find a solution to the above issue.
FYI I am using Blue Prims v6.10.0
Thanks in advance.

Hi Ahmed,

I've been in this situation as well what I've observed is when we try reading a date into Blueprism by using oledb it converts that to UTC i.e; whatever timezone format you use in the input it considers that as local time and it converts that to UTC timing this is the reason date gets changed I've handled it by getting the time zone difference using UTCtime-local and add/subtract depending on timezone you're in with respect to UTC timing

Hope this works for you

rajath.gopal

Hello Babjee,
So you mean to say, once the data is in the collection you parse the data in collection convert it to local time in the collection (basically the difference) right ??