Blue Prism Training Exercise

rpa_t

Hi!

Has anyone done the official manual training of blue prism? I'm having some doubts about work queues and the exercise in general...

VJR

Hi rpa_t, I'm sure there would be folks in the forum who may have done it.
There are a few topics on Work Queues so perhaps you can at first search the forum for any existing topics and if they do not have your question you can start a new thread with full details about it.

Cheers!

rpa_t

Hi rpa_t, I'm sure there would be folks in the forum who may have done it.
There are a few topics on Work Queues so perhaps you can at first search the forum for any existing topics and if they do not have your question you can start a new thread with full details about it.

Cheers!

Thank you.
I don't want anyone doing this for me, because I want to learn, but there are many little doubts and there is no support... (but it will be subject of another thread).
I also saw some videos and still feel lost regarding this exercise...

on 11.1.4

I have Order System Object... and I do know how to find element and spy element in Object Studio.

How to make the input data from a excel file be processed to the application input fields of OS?

rpa_t

I've created a new choice window instance in the Object Studio, and add all the elements....
I had this stages to the main process...
but when inputting the value it gives an error... I have to my emptied data gets to the application somehow... trying to figure the 'how to'...

VJR

Hi rpa_t,

On 11.1.4, I didn't find what you are referring to. It was about something else (Launching Order System).

"How to make the input data from a excel file be processed to the application input fields of OS?"

To answer your question, a Writer stage is used to write the values to any particular field.

I've tried my best to not give you the complete details as well as convey what is required to be done :).

rpa_t

Thank you.
I already had a Write stage in the BO. It seems more like the Emptied Data (that is already marked as complete in the Work Queue) doesn't seem available in the Write Stage of the BO... I don't think I can explain better....is it possible to send you my file?

>>Internal : Failed to evaluate expression in row 1 of Write Stage 'Writer2' on page 'addData' - The collection has no current row<<

page addData is on BO OrdSys

Last edited:

VJR

Hi rpa_t,

Try these things...

▪ "the Emptied Data (that is already marked as complete in the Work Queue) doesn't seem available in the Write Stage of the BO"
Can you try the Write stage before marking the queue item as complete.

▪ "...The collection has no current row<<"
Check these options:
-Are you trying to access some collection in the Writer stage that has no active row in it.
-Are you adding something to a collection somewhere in the diagram without first adding a new row to it using the 'Add Row' action of the Collection VBO.

If correcting the above doesn't have any effect then
- are you able to show any screenshots of your diagram?
- if yes also show the properties of Write Stage 'Writer2' on page 'addData'

rpa_t

It always says that the collection fields are defined but cannot be matched to the incoming collection... The collection definition doesn't contain the field X... and the X varies... product code... quantity....
I'm getting crazy over two weeks trying to deal with this... it's really affecting my mood because im hours and hours trying to figure it... seing videos... asking help...

VJR

Hi rpa_t,

Hope you got a chance to take a look at my response to you.

If correcting the above doesn't have any effect then
- are you able to show any screenshots of your diagram?
- if yes also show the properties of Write Stage 'Writer2' on page 'addData'

Also, what is the stage and which action are you using where you see this collection error?

rpa_t

Yes, I will show everything after importing data from the excel file...
let me know if you need some more info... than you again, I only ask in last resource... always try to figure out for me and googling but I'm stuck
Process 1.png

Attachments

• get from queue 1.png
    get from queue 1.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 160
  • get from queue 2.png
    get from queue 2.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 146
  • get from queue 3.png
    get from queue 3.png
    68 KB · Views: 133
  • Process 1.png
    Process 1.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 144
  • to queue 2.png
    to queue 2.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 132
  • to work queue 1.png
    to work queue 1.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 133

VJR

Hi again,

If you can respond accurately to the questions I provided above it will help in achieving a faster resolution..

Re-entered the above question here....
What is the stage and which action are you using on that stage where you see this collection error?

Last edited:

VJR

Here is the summarized version of the questions.
1. At which stage are you seeing this collection error you mentioned?
2. Which action are you using on that stage where you see this collection error? (Action means the one in the dropdown after you open the properties of that stage)
3. Are you able to successfully get the data into the DataEmpty collection?
4. If yes, Share the screenshot of the data in the DataEmpty collection after it is populated.

rpa_t

It happens in action2 of the Business Object Order System...when I try to get next item from work queue
It seems i get the item ID but not the collection...

Attachments

• addData BO process.png
    addData BO process.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 114
  • item id.png
    item id.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 100

VJR

Q No 5. after taking a look at your recent screenshots...

Please show the fields of 'retrieveFromQueue' collection.

rpa_t

3 and 4
This is the data empty on Process Studio (data retrieved from excel). No fields, no initical value, only current (after get data from excel)
Also show the asked prints from the business object...

Attachments

• retrieve.png
    retrieve.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 91

VJR

Hi rpa_t,

There is a clear difference in the column names between the DataEmpty and the retrieveQueue collections.

Quantity <-> Number Required
Cost Centre <-> Cost

*Are you adding the worksheet collection to a different queue and using a different queue for the Get Next item?
*Make sure about the queue names.
*Also use the other action that says 'Get Worksheet as Collection' without the Fast one.

VJR

Adding to the above, you should not be adding any columns to the retrieveQueue collection. It will be added automatically during the Get Next Item.
Remove those columns if you added them. Delete the collection and just press the small button next to retrieveQueue in the Store In column of Get Next item.

rpa_t

I'm using the same "OrderQueue"
I checked
The exercise demands the Fast Get Worksheet...

It stills gives the error about the quantity.

Edited: fields deleted... i got a new error

Attachments

• updated fields.png
    updated fields.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 80
  • fields error.png
    fields error.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 73

rpa_t

Good news! I got a item, finally, from the OrdersQueue...
Now I'm assuming I have to loop and get the other and then input one by one in the fields of the App?

I had sucess! So, from now on I will try to do the rest by myself, to improve learning curve...
A huuuuge thank you!sucess.png

Attachments

• got item.png
    got item.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited: