Blue Prism Training Exercise

VJR

Okay good to know the problem is resolved. So do you mean repairing the collection column thing was the one that solved the problem?

ole

@rpa_t.. were you able to run it in control room 5x w/out fail, and update the csv file with just the last 3 digit order reference number? Hoping you could share the syntax for the getting the reference number. Many thanks in advance.

Krz

Hello!

I would like to ask for help with final exercise of Blue Prism foundations course as well. I encounter similar error to the one described in this thread: Internal : Failed to evaluate expression in row 1 of Write Stage 'Write Product Code' on page 'Input Order' - The collection has no current row.

In my process the data (list of orders - content slightly modified comparing to version from 2018) is retrieved from an Excel file, then uploaded to the Queue (named "Orders" in my case) and then retrieved line by line using Work Queues: Get Next Item action stage. Until this moment everything goes fine.
The error mentioned is displayed, when my Input Order object is reached. It is a separate object, which should fill in order details to Centrix Data Solutions order database. I realize, that the data is not passed from Collection in process to Collection in the Object. I guess this is the issue, but I am new to Blue Prism, so there might be more to that...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I attached screen shots of the Process Queue, which contains Action Input Order (as well screen shot attached), as well as sheets from Collections in both Process and Object.

Good weekend to everyone, K

Attachments

• Process Queue.JPG
    Process Queue.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Process Queue - Collection Fields.JPG
    Process Queue - Collection Fields.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Process Queue - Collection Current Values.JPG
    Process Queue - Collection Current Values.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Input Order.JPG
    Input Order.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Input Order - Collection Fields.JPG
    Input Order - Collection Fields.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Input Order - Collection Current Values.JPG
    Input Order - Collection Current Values.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 14

Vardhan171

I have a similar query but the result expected is little different.

1. In the above, input data has been extracted from EXCEL CSV file which is passed into the queue and then one by one order is fed into the New Order System using option 1 in the navigation stage....but in my scenario

A) First option 2 (that is View Order Details is run using the reference number already available in the Orders.csv file)
B) You will get a read data details (View Order Details) with Product Code, Number of Units Required (Quantity), Unit Price, Cost Centre, Total Price, Date Ordered, Orderer details populated on the screen automatically.
C) Now action required is to use the Product Code, Quantity, Unit Price and Cost Centre as inputs for the (Option 1 - New Order form) by first doubling the quantity ordered.
D) Once the input is done and reference number is generated, write these details into Reordered Items file stored in C:\\Temp folder.

A part I am getting it perfectly fine, but I am facing problem with B part because

- When we try to map the details in the read data mode, all the items will be taken in Text Mode only as there will be no way of storing number in the read stage mode, so when I am trying to double the quantity, I am getting a message Text cannot be multiplied.

I would be obliged if anyone can help.

Vardhan171

I have a similar query but the result expected is little different.

1. In the above, input data has been extracted from EXCEL CSV file which is passed into the queue and then one by one order is fed into the New Order System using option 1 in the navigation stage....but in my scenario

A) First option 2 (that is View Order Details is run using the reference number already available in the Orders.csv file)
B) You will get a read data details (View Order Details) with Product Code, Number of Units Required (Quantity), Unit Price, Cost Centre, Total Price, Date Ordered, Orderer details populated on the screen automatically.
C) Now action required is to use the Product Code, Quantity, Unit Price and Cost Centre as inputs for the (Option 1 - New Order form) by first doubling the quantity ordered.
D) Once the input is done and reference number is generated, write these details into Reordered Items file stored in C:\\Temp folder.

' A' part I am getting it perfectly fine, but I am facing problem with 'B' part because

- When we try to map the details in the read data mode, all the items will be taken in Text Mode only as there will be no way of storing number in the read stage mode, so when I am trying to double the quantity, I am getting a message Text cannot be multiplied.

I would be obliged if anyone can help.