Bot File Name Best Practice

Tholang

My issue is when we open a file it is mapped to our specific machine. This means that when the next developer comes in to work on the object, they must map the same file from OneDrive to their local machine.

Example 1: I’m working on object #1. I have an excel file mapped to c://joe and I finish working on that object for today. Now tomorrow Kate is working on object #1 and the excel file won’t open because it is mapped to c://joe. Usually she would have to remap the excel file to c://kate and the object will work.

I was curious if you had a solution or best practice to how we can solve this issue. What would be the best way to work in a more collaborative environment so all of the developers can use the same file without having to re map them.

Thanks,

bjsrm8

Hi Tholang

You should ALWAYS use a UNC path (i.e. \\servername\sharename\foldername\filename)

Thanks @anisjolly - I solved this the following way. Please drop a comment if there is a better way. I used Utility - Environment object and Get User Name action and stored in a data item. Since my team is all mapped to the same drive, but different user names, I replaced the username with a data item so it will become dynamic. Now every time someone else runs the process, they do not have to re-map every file to their machine.