Cant match an windows with Query Terms.

Gary96

Hi,
Having issues with identifying spied element. I can select it in application Modeler however once I reset and run in object Studio I get the same error message again. "Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Read Stage 'Read Ref line' on page 'Order Confirmation' - Unable to match any windows with the query terms". Has this happened to anyone else. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (The element I am spying on is a piece of text in a dialog box. The Border and button in the box all identify fine even when I run in object studio.) I have put in a wait stage before as I know Blue prism can be sometimes too fast. Thanks. Gary

Jothin Georgi

Hi Gary,

As per the information provided by you, I can think of two suggestions here.

1. Include a check on whether the dialog box you are trying to read is attached or not. When the dialog box appears it seems to me that BP is not able to identify it correctly(a possible reason could be multiple instance of the process say iexplorer.exe) If not attached, attach it and proceed.

2. Since an error is thrown each time the bot is run from the Object studio, Check the element attributes you have ticked and make sure the attribute values don't alter each time you run it in the Object studio.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks and Regards,
Jothin