Solved Control Room - Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vimal25

Hi All,
I have an requirment but I want to know what will be possible way to accomplish this .
Suppose We have two processes like process1 and process2 and process1 linked with robot1 and process linked with robot2.
Robot2 will wait till Robot1 will give any result , How we can do this.

Any Custom coding feature is required to accompliesh this task or any other way , Please provide help asap .
I want urjent help .

Thanks
Vimal

Last edited:

VJR

Hi Vimal25,

May be you can use the Process stage by calling the Process 2 at the end of Process 1.

Vimal25

Dear VJ,

Yes , I agreed with your points but in process stage can we configure logic to wait for second process until we got result like (flag=true) .

This is my assumtion , Please guide some points if you worked on this type of requirment.

These below options are given , Please suggest .
Option1- Can we do with code stage
Option2- Can we configurtion things on control room to wait or pause a process for depend process.

#Vimal K

VJR

Hi Vimal,

"can we configure logic to wait for second process until we got result like (flag=true)"
Perhaps you could make you use of an environment/global variable and check whether its value is True or False at the end of Process 1 and continue the diagram with Process 2 only if the flag value is True.

Vimal25

Hi VJR,

Yes, I had implemented logic as describe above ,

1- Prepared process1 and Process 2
2- Call Process 2 via process stage inside process1 and pass Input parameter value as flag=true
3- Check lag parameter in process2 like (flag=true/flag=false)
4- Flag= true then move ahead for process execution otherwise process will not move forward.

Note- We can not set enviourment variable from frontend (process/business studio) that why I have used this .

@VJR- Any suggetion from your end .

Regards
Vimal

Attachments

• ChildProcess.png
    ChildProcess.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Process1.png
    Process1.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 25

VJR

Hi Vimal,

You are right, environment variables are read-only.
You can make some minor changes in the diagrams.
- In Process 1, after all your processing is done, set a Flag variable to True if the process is done correctly. Else set that Flag to False.
Then add a Decision stage to check that Flag value. If it is True only then make a call to Process 2 by passing True in the Input parameter while calling Process 2. If False then you can End the Process 1 (or add a retry logic 3 times).
That way there won't be any unnecessary calls made to Process 2.

- You can remove the Decision stage from Process 2 because you are always passing True from Process 1. You can still keep it if you want as an additional check.

- Right now what is happening is, even though you are passing as True from Process 1, inside the Process 2 you are again checking whether it is True or False. It is always going to be True because you are passing True from Process 1.

Vimal25

Yes, Actually I have already done those minor chages . Thanks for your suupport .

Now I have knowledge about dependent process and business object and all.

#Vimal

Status
Not open for further replies.