could not identify the process owning current foreground window

jigibaby2

Hi All,

I faced the same issue this week and this forum helped me doing the RCA on the above issue and I finally found a solution that works perfectly for me. Also found some interesting reads on Blue Prism portal that helped me debug this issue.

The issue is mainly caused when Blue Prism tries to ask the operating system for the current foreground window token. The Windows operating system keeps a track of which window currently has the token which designates it as the current foregrounded window. So when the call to Activate Application action is made, Blue Prism asks the OS for this token. Due to the way various applications respond to such requests, or the permission levels for eg on VMs or bitness, Blue Prism is prevented from getting this token. Hence Blue Prism tells you it could not identify the current foreground process window that owns this token.

The solution is
  1. Use "Verify" or "Focus" actions on the application instead of "Activate Application". This highlights the application that you want to foreground.
  2. Make the application run mode to Foreground
With the above two steps my application is running perfectly fine.

Hope this helps :)

Hi,
- I didn't find the run mode option for process where the bot start from(this process execute first and then object start after)
Hi,,

Prabha

Hi All, I faced the same issue this week and this forum helped me doing the RCA on the above issue and I finally found a solution that works perfectly for me. Also found some interesting reads on Blue Prism portal that helped me debug this issue. The issue is mainly caused when Blue Prism tries to ask the operating system for the current foreground window token. The Windows operating system keeps a track of which window currently has the token which designates it as the current foregrounded window. So when the call to Activate Application action is made, Blue Prism asks the OS for this token. Due to the way various applications respond to such requests, or the permission levels for eg on VMs or bitness, Blue Prism is prevented from getting this token. Hence Blue Prism tells you it could not identify the current foreground process window that owns this token. The solution is
  1. Use "Verify" or "Focus" actions on the application instead of "Activate Application". This highlights the application that you want to foreground.
With the above two steps my application is running perfectly fine. Hope this helps :)

Prabha

Hi All,

I faced the same issue this week and this forum helped me doing the RCA on the above issue and I finally found a solution that works perfectly for me. Also found some interesting reads on Blue Prism portal that helped me debug this issue.

The issue is mainly caused when Blue Prism tries to ask the operating system for the current foreground window token. The Windows operating system keeps a track of which window currently has the token which designates it as the current foregrounded window. So when the call to Activate Application action is made, Blue Prism asks the OS for this token. Due to the way various applications respond to such requests, or the permission levels for eg on VMs or bitness, Blue Prism is prevented from getting this token. Hence Blue Prism tells you it could not identify the current foreground process window that owns this token.

The solution is
With the above two steps my application is running perfectly fine.

Hope this helps :)
This is absolutely working fine you helped me alot with this solution bro thanks alot