could not identify the process owning current foreground window

dinesh

Hi all,

i am trying to run a process in runtime resource through interactive client with out activating the RR.but i got "could not identify the process owning current foreground window" this issue.

regards,
dinesh

nilsbabar

Hi all,

i am trying to run a process in runtime resource through interactive client with out activating the RR.but i got "could not identify the process owning current foreground window" this issue.

regards,
dinesh
Hi,

I am also getting the same error, and also set object run mode as Foreground,
still getting same isssue

AshR

I'm also receiving this issue. I've tried setting run mode to exclusive, foreground and background but when not observing the virtual machine it fails to load the same web based page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dinesh

Hi all, it is simple fix.
1) install login agent.
2) turn off the automatic server manager window in RR.
3) run the bot through login agent only it means logout and login through control room.

AshR

We use Citrix receiver to access the virtual machines as this is what the company have chonse.

@dinesh What is RR?

many thanks

Stephen Jones

When you are accessing a robot to view the current process running you need to make sure the application you are using does not lock the robot server when you close the connection.

AshR

Thanks for your reply @Stephen Jones however we don't even need to view the process anymore to see this issue arise. We can remotely restart the VM and observe from the control room on a separate VM and still the issue will display.

Stephen Jones

From my experience whenever i had this issue , it was because the VM of the robot had it's session locked due to a team member accessing the VM via Remote Desktop. When this session is closed , this leaves the VM in a locked state.

I'm just trying to understand if this may be your problem.

Thanks

dpstahir

I'm also receiving this issue. I've tried setting run mode to exclusive, foreground and background but when not observing the virtual machine it fails to load the same web based page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am also facing the exact same issue. I was wondering if you solved it?

nilsbabar

Hi all, it is simple fix.
1) install login agent.
2) turn off the automatic server manager window in RR.
3) run the bot through login agent only it means logout and login through control room.[/QUOTE]

This solution is working fine, please try with this

heleanor

Could you please provide steps for "turn off the automatic server manager window in RR"? My runtime resource is not a server...

Mel

Im having this issue a lot since v6 upgrade, never happened before, I restart and then run login agent but this issue is recurring for me.

Jatin Kalra

We were also facing same issue whenever bot is running in unattended mode.
Simple Solution :
1. Close the destination resource properly.
2. No Session should exists in destination resource.
3. Drag and Drop Login Agent and make it run.
4. Drag and Drop your process and make it run.
RCA : Whenever human interruption is there on BOT machine it will throw same error as mention above while interacting with spied elements.

sakura_killua

We were also facing same issue whenever bot is running in unattended mode.
Simple Solution :
1. Close the destination resource properly.
2. No Session should exists in destination resource.
3. Drag and Drop Login Agent and make it run.
4. Drag and Drop your process and make it run.
RCA : Whenever human interruption is there on BOT machine it will throw same error as mention above while interacting with spied elements.

Hi Jatin,
Could you please advise how to close destination resource? I'm confused..

pdyna

Hi All,

I faced the same issue this week and this forum helped me doing the RCA on the above issue and I finally found a solution that works perfectly for me. Also found some interesting reads on Blue Prism portal that helped me debug this issue.

The issue is mainly caused when Blue Prism tries to ask the operating system for the current foreground window token. The Windows operating system keeps a track of which window currently has the token which designates it as the current foregrounded window. So when the call to Activate Application action is made, Blue Prism asks the OS for this token. Due to the way various applications respond to such requests, or the permission levels for eg on VMs or bitness, Blue Prism is prevented from getting this token. Hence Blue Prism tells you it could not identify the current foreground process window that owns this token.

The solution is
  1. Use "Verify" or "Focus" actions on the application instead of "Activate Application". This highlights the application that you want to foreground.
  2. Make the application run mode to Foreground
With the above two steps my application is running perfectly fine.

Hope this helps :)

Sachin_Kharmale

we are facing same problem ,
so
problem cause is multiple user tries or logged in same VDS (Virtual Desktop)
1)Make sure multiple user will not used same desktop .
2)Restart the BOT and logged in using login agent.
3)and then run the process.
4)if you are running process A then run only process A at single restart and login
5)if you want run process B then again follow the step to Restart and login using login agent and then run process B.

Note: In single restart and login if we ran multiple process then we get above error message from blue prism so when we want to run the automation before run just restart VDS and login using login agent and then run.
Don't run multiple automation in single login .