Deploying new version of a Blue Prism release package

mbailey

From our QA environment,I created a release package that was used to deploy a Blue Prism app to production. The package contained numerous environment variables and credentials that had to be set as part of the production deployment. Since the initial deployment, numerous fixes and enhancements were made and I have questions about how to deploy the updates to production. If I create a new release package without the environment variables and credentials and import it in production, will that bring in the code changes that are part of the release package without requiring the environment variables and credentials to be reset? If a process or object in the new release package is unchanged, will the import of that process or object be skipped or will it still overwrite the existing deployment? I read the Blue Prism Release Manager guide but it did not discuss update releases.

Pete_L

Existing environment variables in production will not be overwritten by the release from QA. Any *new* environment variables - or any other component for that matter - will be created in production during the import of the release as long as they are added to the release package before generating the release. Any credentials included in the release package will require the user ID and password to be provided during the import of the release. (At my company, we exclude credentials from release packages for this reason.) The bottom line is that you can use the existing release package and it will import the code changes (as long as you select "Overwrite" on each applicable component during the import) without changing the values of the existing EV's.

Last edited: