Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundeep4sandy

Hello,

1. How to download only pdf files from our pop3 mailbox? i don't want to download all the extension files
2. is it possible to store those pdfs in blue prism collections or anything similar to it?

i have used the list messages in pop3 VBO to read the mail box and save attachemnts, But it is downloading all the attachments. So i tried to copy the body in other collection to check if i could find an extension to search for .pdf, but there was no information about it

cs.andras

Hi,
The body won't contain any information like that. Maybe the header, but not the body that's for sure.
I'd suggest using the mentioned action from the VBO, then removing the unnecessary ones from the collection - for starters. For an advanced solution, make a copy of the VBO's action (possibly into one of your objects) and modify it so it has an input filter for the attachment extension.

I hope I made sense :)

If you are using Outlook, you can try MAPIex too, Using this library you can read each mail and read the attachment names which contains the extension of those files, and make a filter from there.

anisjolly

Administrator
Yep @arodriguezm's comment should be the better solution.

You'll need to install Blue Prism's MAPIex object before you can use it. You may also need to configure a mailbox profile on the machine you are trying to run the process on before you can actually send emails with or without attachments.

You should be able to configure you mailbox through Control Panel / Mail. You need to import the Blue Prism MAPIex object directly into Blue Prism.

Sundeep4sandy

Hi,
The body won't contain any information like that. Maybe the header, but not the body that's for sure.
I'd suggest using the mentioned action from the VBO, then removing the unnecessary ones from the collection - for starters. For an advanced solution, make a copy of the VBO's action (possibly into one of your objects) and modify it so it has an input filter for the attachment extension.

I hope I made sense :)

Thank you,

This is exactly what is did.

Status
Not open for further replies.