Solved Exception during remote setforegroundwindow - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied

Hi Everyone,

Did anyone encountered this issue in Blueprism Version 5.0.30 (32 Bit), Please note this is happening very frequent with the VM setup running in Windows Server 2012 64 bit. Kindly help me to share your views and what could be the solution for the below problem.

Moreover here are the below solution we have tried but still no solution for this,

1. Retry Scenario in Activate Application Windows
2. Bringing in Dynamic Wait stage

Error Code
Exception during remote setforegroundwindow - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.OpenProcessHandle(Int32 access)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_Handle()
at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.clsLocalTargetApp.ForceForeground(IntPtr hwnd)

VJR

Hi Arthanareeswaran,

When do you actually get this error? At what stage and are you able to show the contents of that stage?

VJR

Hi Arthanareeswaran,

I haven't come across this error so can't provide you any information. But when I search this error on the web most of the posts say that is could be due to administrative privileges or about running the application you are using in Administrator mode. The error code that you have given above is simply the value of the Exception variable that Blue Prism is developed on gets when it tries to perform the specified action. So if you look out why/when that error occurs by doing a web search on the exception details then you might be able to find the root cause of the problem as well as the solution.

Hi Arthanareeswaran,

I haven't come across this error so can't provide you any information. But when I search this error on the web most of the posts say that is could be due to administrative privileges or about running the application you are using in Administrator mode. The error code that you have given above is simply the value of the Exception variable that Blue Prism is developed on gets when it tries to perform the specified action. So if you look out why/when that error occurs by doing a web search on the exception details then you might be able to find the root cause of the problem as well as the solution.
Hi Bro yes even I have been searching loads of forum about this doing multiple R&D I don’t think so it’s because of privelages if it’s because of privelages it should not work all the time but this error is occurring randomly and another painful is it’s nit reproducible.

Dear all anyone else encountered this I can see people work on VM setup with Blueprism has this issue can we brainstorm based on this thread? Kindly help me to look into it thanks for all your time and responding into this matter have a great day

tgundhus

Dear all anyone else encountered this I can see people work on VM setup with Blueprism has this issue can we brainstorm based on this thread? Kindly help me to look into it thanks for all your time and responding into this matter have a great day

You say the screen was active, how did you monitor this?
Was the process run though control room or in debug mode?

Again, since you mention it's a VM, i am pretty sure it's due to lock screen or might resolution. If you need help to debug let me know, I've encountered this many times before, and 90% of the caess it's due to lock screen, if you need help to debug, let me know.

BluePrism1987

It says this query is solved.But i dont see the solution anywhere.

Arthanareeswar,how did you solve this problem ? i am also stuck on same issue

Nitesh Kumar

Even i am stucked on the same issue while running it from the control room.Anyone,please let here know the solution approach for this issue.