Firefox is getting crashed frequently at launch step itself

RsBhargav

Hi All,

I'm using Firefox browser for one of my use case where it will search with some input, reads the output table and terminates the application.
Currently it is getting crashed as soon as bot launches the application. If i see task manager there will be no instance and if i run in debug mode it will run fine.

Things i tried is like, added sleep before launching and after terminating application, updated the firefox version still no luck.

If any of you guys has faced this, please share your views. It is more like issue in VDI i feel.

Thanks,
Bhargav

sahil_raina_91

Hi All,

I'm using Firefox browser for one of my use case where it will search with some input, reads the output table and terminates the application.
Currently it is getting crashed as soon as bot launches the application. If i see task manager there will be no instance and if i run in debug mode it will run fine.

Things i tried is like, added sleep before launching and after terminating application, updated the firefox version still no luck.

If any of you guys has faced this, please share your views. It is more like issue in VDI i feel.

Thanks,
Bhargav
It does seem like environment specific problem, which are hard to troubleshoot.
Try to run the process on a different machine and evaluate.

If it still fails, reach out to BP support

RsBhargav

@sahil_raina_91 Thank You for your response.

After browser is crashed it was throwing a new window stating - Launch Firefox in Safe mode, by searching on this we got below setting as suggestion which worked fine. Still dont know the root cause but this additional setting has resolved this issue for now.

enter about:config into the firefox location bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named toolkit.startup.max_resumed_crashes. double-click it and change its value to something very high like 999999 (maybe setting it to 0 or -1 will also work