Help On improving BOT performance and RCA

Abhi_216

Hi Team,

This is a high level lay out for one of my project, which runs 24/7.
Theses are few details.

1- Object 1 , mostly works on HTML mode.
2-Object 2, 95% works in SAP mode.
5%- in UI mode.
Problem:-
Bot runs good however, it takes time to identify the 5% of UI mod elements. The time gradually increased from 30 secs to 900 secs .

Fixes tried:-
1. Adding garbage collector.
2. Detaching objects
3.Killing IE and SAP.
4. Restarting System

Additional Observations:-
> Each time we stop the BOT and restart it process the 1 Items with comparatively less time ~ 100 secs.From 2nd item onwords again the slowness increases and it reach to ~900 secs
cY4LuoMmRlOURh4jQFPU_vis1.JPG

Please let me know if you need any additional information regarding the design.
Appreciate your help.

Pete_L

30-900 seconds is an extremely long time to wait for a screen element to be recognized!

I don't think Garbage Collection will help in this case, as it is used for cleaning up memory when that memory is no longer needed. For example, after deleting all rows in a collection, Garbage Collection is helpful for recoverng the memory that was used by the collection data. I don't know if UIA mode uses a large amount of memory for each element (you'd need to confirm that with Blue Prism). I think the primary issue with UIA mode is that you have to use a large number of attributes to identify an element, and it takes BP significant time to analyze all the attributes of all the elements on the page before it can identify the right one.

Can you respy the UI items using Active Accessibilty (AA) mode? I know Blue Prism now recomments UIA mode over AA, but I don't like UIA because the element attributes are lacking in flexibility over AA. I've found that AA will usually recognize screen elements much faster than UIA mode, especially if you narrow down the AA attributes to the absolute minimum (3 or 4) needed to reliably identify the element.