How can I write a data item into the collection?

Raja

i have an value inside the data item (current value) and i want to add them into the collection to bind the data into the excel , can someone suggest me how this is possible?

Rich

Hi @Raja

So assuming you already have a defined collection (I.e. a collection with field name(s)) the 2 steps you would follow are:

1) use the ‘Add row’ action which is part of the Collections internal business object specifying your collection name as the input value.

2) use a calculate stage with your data item as the Expression and the collection field name as the store in value. Syntax for Collection field name is: CollectionName.FieldName or you can just drag the field from the Collection section on the right hand side.

So that will populate the collection, and what is it you want to do with it in Excel?

VJR

Hi Raja,

After you perform the steps as stated by Rich, if you want to write that collection to Excel then use the 'Write Collection' action of Ms Excel VBO.

kalyanskc

Hi @Raja

So assuming you already have a defined collection (I.e. a collection with field name(s)) the 2 steps you would follow are:

1) use the ‘Add row’ action which is part of the Collections internal business object specifying your collection name as the input value.

2) use a calculate stage with your data item as the Expression and the collection field name as the store in value. Syntax for Collection field name is: CollectionName.FieldName or you can just drag the field from the Collection section on the right hand side.

So that will populate the collection, and what is it you want to do with it in Excel?

use the ‘Add row’ action which is part of the Collections internal business object specifying your collection name as the input value. -- This is a Text data type.. im unable to give collection name in it..pls post me in detail..

ankitiswidu

I have a data item with data as an example :

I want to write this data into a collection with different rows. The data can be dynamic.
Can I do so?

redbullka

Add data item to collection:
1. Add a Calculation
2. Expression: [YourDataItem]
3. Store Result In: Collection.Field

That's it. Change "Collection" to your collection name and "Field" to your column name. It will write your Data Item to the proper collection field.