How to Trigger a Process while a mail arrives?

tgundhus

Create a rule to start an application when an email is received. You can then start the process by using "automate.exe" command line, triggering a schedule or running the process directly, e.x. "Automate.exe /run Process1 /sso"

If you use outlook 2016, you will need to enable UnsafeClientMailRules to get the "start an application" option.
You can do this by going into regedit, navigate to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Security", create a new DWORD named "EnableUnsafeClientMailRules" and set it's value to "1".

Good luck, let me know if there are any issues :)

siddharth

Thank You Gundhus for your extended help. It is working fine. Do we have to keep the Blue prism running all the time ? I'm facing error while i shutdown my BP and send a mail. It works fine if the BP is running.

tgundhus

Yes, if not your automatec will tell you that the current resource does not repond on port 8181, but I suggest you keep Blue Prism running as a resource pc.

Anyhow, it is possible to make a more dynamic solution for it, but it all comes down to how your environment is set up. You can also choose to run the process through a pool, then the first available resource (starting on the top of the pool) will execute the process.

jreddy

Create a rule to start an application when an email is received. You can then start the process by using "automate.exe" command line, triggering a schedule or running the process directly, e.x. "Automate.exe /run Process1 /sso"

If you use outlook 2016, you will need to enable UnsafeClientMailRules to get the "start an application" option.
You can do this by going into regedit, navigate to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Security", create a new DWORD named "EnableUnsafeClientMailRules" and set it's value to "1".

Hello,

I'm also trying to create a process which would be triggered by an incoming email with a specific subject (Outlook 2016). Could you please elaborate as to how and where I should create above mentioned rule? Do you have any ideas as to how to include the email subject check in that rule? Or is there some other way to do that?

Thanks in advance!

tgundhus

Hello!
Sure thing, I'll look drop you some info later, please let me know if there are any issues or questions.

VJR

Hello,

I created a video in order to guide "siddharth", I'll send you the link in a PM, to avoid BP material being shared here in the open :)
Hi tgundhus,

I'm sure everyone wants to see your solution :).
I don't think your video may have anything to do with the official Blue Prism documentation. Is that so?
If there's nothing from it then you can surely post your inputs here which would be valuable for anyone landing on this thread.

tgundhus

Hi tgundhus,

I'm sure everyone wants to see your solution :).
I don't think your video may have anything to do with the official Blue Prism documentation. Is that so?
If there's nothing from it then you can surely post your inputs here which would be valuable for anyone landing on this thread.
I'll cut out a chunk of the blue prism part an post it here later :)

rudradipc

Hi tgundhus,

Could you please send me the video as well. my email id is rudradipc@gmail.com

Regards,
RC