Is there any way to Import data items into empty collection with out excel ?

KPrasanth9

I was trying to Launch an HTML page and trying to read the elements in the HTML and trying to store the values directly in the Collection but not to the excel is there any way for resolution.

I have a way to store the values in the excel and then to Collection but I don't need that I want to send the values to the collection directly please suggest a way

Regards,
Prasanth

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hi @KPrasanth9

If you are reading from a set of fields then you'll need to read the individual values into a Data Item and then use the Internal - Collection Manipulation VBO to send the value from the Data Item to the Collection, one by one.

If you are reading a HTML table, for example, then you should be able to send the entire table to a collection in one go.

Rob

KPrasanth9

Hi Thanks for the inputs but this haven't resolved my issue,

I was trying to access https://xe.com/ and trying to get the currency type into collection directly.
The current collection which I have taken is an empty collection and wanted to add the values to collection I have tried to use utility collection manipulation and used set collection field.
Please help me up in guiding.
Thanks,
Prasanth

KPrasanth9

Attaching error screen shots

Attachments

• P_20180203_010505.jpg
    P_20180203_010505.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 253
  • P_20180203_010532.jpg
    P_20180203_010532.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 248

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi @KPrasanth9

Have you tried using the calculation stage to store the value into the Collection instead of using a nested Action stage within your object? You can use a Calculation stage (or Multi-Calc depending on your current use) in order to update a Collection. However, do remember when adding to an empty Collection, you need to use the 'Add Row' action from within the Collections object.