Main Process_Work Queues_Sub Process to run in different machines

Hi,

Can anybody help me out of this.

I have a main process in which i have three work queues.
Each work queue will have different sub process which is to be run in some other available resource.

The whole main process shud run in my machine where it has to run the work queue along with sub process in some other resource.
Is this possible ?
If so how can we achieve it. :confused::confused:

Hi VJR,
Thank you.
I already checked this videos. Mine was a diff scenario.

Is it possible to assign a sub process to run in a particular resource where the main process is running another resource?

cs.andras

Hi VJR,
Thank you.
I already checked this videos. Mine was a diff scenario.

Is it possible to assign a sub process to run in a particular resource where the main process is running another resource?
Hi,
Does this need to be done automatically? Not sure about the newer versions of BP, I've only used 4.2 so far, but maybe there is an option for this in the Work Queues object?

Yes.
It needs to be done automatically.
I m using v6. I m not sure whether i can implement this or not.
Waiting for suggestions.

cs.andras

Yes.
It needs to be done automatically.
I m using v6. I m not sure whether i can implement this or not.
Waiting for suggestions.
One thing I could think of, it only works if you run a process on all possible machines which can select jobs for themselves:
- put it in a work queue
- at the "Get Next Item" stage, use a filter that contains the machine's own hostname (hostname can be queried through the Environment object)
- if there is any queue items, you can run the script, maybe use parameters that are contained in the queue item...etc.