Mainframe Data to excel

RPASank

Hi,

I am trying to get the data from mainframe screen to excel. My mainframe screen would be appearing as below

Sl No Queue Status Itemspending
1 Q1 Active 20
2 Q2 Inactive 30

I want to get this data in a table format to excel spread sheet. I have created the spy element and tried to do 'Get table' as we do in web applications. But 'Get table' was not at all appearing in the drop down. I have managed to get the data in notepad but it is not in proper table format.

Could you please advise how this can be achieved in a mainframe application.

Thanks,
RPASank

Stephen Jones

Hello,
Did you use the specific mainframe spy to spy your elements ? When you are spying the elements it places a grid onto the screen where you identify which parts to spy .

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi @RPASank

I would suggest you use a standard read stage to read from specific co-ordinates within your mainframe's screen, store the values into a Data Collection and then use the Excel VBO to write the collection into MS Excel.

You would need to use the Mainframe Application Model and create two (possibly 4) data items (Row - Start, Row - End / Column - Start, Column - End) which will store number values. These are the values that you use to read your data from the screen. The rest should be easy if you're already automation web apps.

I hope that helps.