Maximum time in wait state

Amir

Does anyone know what is the maximum time delay we can provide in wait stage (Blue prism).
I want to give 2hr delay.....can I do that?

Raysen16

Hi You may used Utility Time and Date Manipulation VBO and select Sleep Stage. Never tried the max time limit for wait stage , but this method works for me.

Pete_L

Does anyone know what is the maximum time delay we can provide in wait stage (Blue prism).
I want to give 2hr delay.....can I do that?
This is a very interesting question. I have never heard of a wait timeout limit, nor have I ever used one greater than 90 seconds, but Blue Prism Support can provide you with a definitive answer. I am curious about your use case, though, as I can't think of any reason why a 2 hour delay would be needed in a process. Are you needing to wait up to 2 hours for a screen element to appear? If so, I'd say the application you're interacting with is not a good candidate for automation. Or is it that you want to pause the process for 2 hours in the middle of its run? If so, why? Have you given any thought to what the Runtime Resource (bot) will be doing during this time? It will be doing nothing... nothing but waiting. If you have 100 cases to process, do you realize that they will potentially wait up to 2 hours per case during processing? Do you have other automations that can be expected to run on the same bot, or is this the only automation you have? I'm truly interested!

SERBEM

You can have a wait stage for several hours - so there is no problems with two hours. Dont know if you are waiting when a program is doing something, or you could use defer an item and try again a bit later