Solved Microsoft Cognitive - Computer Vision not working

mdhazlee

Hi, I've downloaded the Microsoft Intelligent Services from BP portal and followed the steps to create a free account in Microsoft Azure. The subscription keys have been generated and all credentials and environment variables have been created within BP using the subscription key that was generated upon creating an Azure account. I've selected Southeast Asia as the location when creating the resource in Azure. As per the documentation, no username or password details are saved into the credentials, only the subscription keys. In this case I've taken one of the subscription key. Since I only want to read PDF using OCR, I've configured only Microsoft Cognitive – Computer Vision credentials so that the corresponding environment variable is able to get the subscription key to do OCR. When I step through process, the result when it step into MS Cognitive - Computer Vision object under OCR action, which calls Utility HTTP - HTTP request action is { "statusCode": 401, "message": "Access denied due to invalid subscription key. Make sure to provide a valid key for an active subscription." } for the result Data Item. If anyone knows how I can fix this problem, pls let me know.

Thanks,
Hazlee

mdhazlee

I've found out the issue now. It seems the VBO downloaded from BP portal has hard-coded all the API URL to be from North Europe. So when creating the resource within Azure, it also needs to be from the same region. Alternatively, we can also change this hard-coded URL to be from the same region as the Azure resource.