Modify package

1.What are the components that are added as part of release in a real time project?

2.Lets assume i have a package with process, object, and some other components. A CR was requested and I made some changes to the Object. Now i can use modify package. Should i replace the object that is already present in the package or how is the modified object added?

Jothin Georgi

Hi Bala,

1.What are the components that are added as part of release in a real time project?
I would suggest to include all the dependencies of the main process(Processes, Objects, Environmental Variables, Work Queues and Credentials).

2. Lets assume i have a package with process, object, and some other components. A CR was requested and I made some changes to the Object. Now i can use modify package. Should i replace the object that is already present in the package or how is the modified object added?

If the object you want to export is available in the package it will be the modified/edited object with all the latest changes you have done.
If case anything new has to be added you can drag and drop it to the right-hand side and click on next to modify the package.
Once the package is successfully modified you can export the release by doing the following steps.

1. Click on File
2. Select Export>New Release
3. Select the radio button: Create a release from an existing package
4. Select the release you modified and click Next>
5. Provide a name for the release and click Next>
6. Provide Release notes and click Next>
7. Choose an output file location and click Next
8. The release will be exported. Click Finish to exit the export wizard.

Pete_L

If the object you modified is already in the package, the changes will be imported into the higher region when you create a release from that package and import it into the higher region IF you also select Overwrite on that object during the import. You don't need to replace the existing object in the package before doing this.