Sundeep4sandy

Hello,

I'm trying to OCR a pdf and it is working near perfectly. But sometimes I keep getting some notifications from Dell or skype business.

Is there a way to handle all of that? like no matter what disruption occurs the pdf should be spied.

Thank you

VJR

Hi Sundeep4sandy,

Looks like they the notifications coming from applications related to them eg; if you have a Dell PC or a laptop then they appear from the free software or program that comes installed along with the computer. Similarly they are coming from the Skype application.

Notifications do have the ability to be turned off. Can you look for them where can they be turned off? If nothing found then are you able to share any screenshots of those notifications so that anyone on this thread assist further.

Sundeep4sandy

Yes i have turned it off but at some context it may not be dell or skyper, some system notification or could be anything. If they come, is there a way to handle it?

VJR

Hi Sundeep4sandy,

If the notifications are coming from the System Tray Icon area at the bottom right corner then those can definitely be turned off. It can be done using the small upward arrow in that area and then selecting the required application(s) and mark as 'Hide icons and notifications'.
Not sure which OS you are working on but the below link will give an idea on how to do that from the System Tray area as well as from the Action Center.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd492018.aspx

But also keep in mind that there may be advantages to having Windows alert you to the problems with your system. You might end up with a system problem and not realize it if you disable the Action Center. So disable them accordingly.

Hope this is what you needed.

Sundeep4sandy

Hello,

These are the kind of notifications I was talking about, Random Softwares that are installed are sending random notifications, which is disrupting the process.

Any way er can handle those using blueprism?rather than turning off each and every update?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-03-07 at 10.19.09 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-03-07 at 10.19.09 AM.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 17

cs.andras

Hi,
If you haven't yet tried, I'd put a window reactivation JUST before reading with OCR. This will make the notifications go to the background and the PDF coming to the foreground without having to know what kind of &@#! you are dealing with... :)

VJR

Hi Sundeep4sandy,

Usually bots are run on a separate dedicated machine clean from any other annoyances. This is done for any kind of automation....even macros.
Even then a Blue Prism Controller monitors the running of the bot.

If you want to handle it through BP then you can try the suggestion given by @cs.andras.

Else, the screenshot that you have shared looks like a start up notification from Dropbox which can be easily turned off from the system tray icon and is a one time activity. Several one time activities for different applications can result in an attempt to make the machine clean :).

Good luck.
~VJ