OraOLEDB.Oracle' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Sundeep4sandy

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to my company server database, the details have been provided by my dba.

I've used this video as my base to write the details and he mentioned that it would work

-

I've tried various things mentioned on the internet like loading ODAC 32, checking udl file providers, using cmd prompt regsvr32, editing the VBO of set connection etc. I'm not able to find a solution.

The error simply says "OraOLEDB.Oracle' provider is not registered on the local machine."

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 79

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi @Sundeep4sandy - Do you have any Oracle drivers installed on the machine where your Blue Prism install is (i.e. local machine)? If not, then you will need to have the relevant drivers installed before you will be able to interact with Oracle.

If you're trying to connect to an Oracle Server then you should use the actual Server Name in your connection string; i.e. \\SERVERNAME\\SERVERINSTANCE

Sundeep4sandy

Actually installing the right drivers helped me and also I've modified the ODAC components and tnsnames.ora file too. Thank you for the help

Hi Sudeep,
I am facing the same issue of Provider not registered on local machine. I also got the ODAC and checked with it. But no success.
You have mentioned about some driver that you installed. Could you help me with same here. Also let me know what needs to be modified with the ODAC component and the tnsnames.ora file

KIKE

Hi,

Im having the same issue, and I can solve it. I tried following the steps of the video but it doesn’t work. Could anyone give me a clue?

Thanks,

Aysha Tariq

Hi,
I was able to resolve this issue by installing ODAC 32bit. Please make sure that you have 32 bit ODAC installed and you are able to establish a connection using .udl