Solved Password Data Item length changed to four characters

RiojaAlberto

Hi,

I have a problem where I try to declare a password on a Data Item with Password type. The password length turns to four characters, wether the real one is one character or ten characters long, which causes traoubles when runing the process because the password is not the correct one.

I don't know if the problem is due to the SQL Server configuration or Blue Prism version (5.0.21). So, I ask for your help :)

Hi @RiojaAlberto

This is the functioning of BluePrism that it encrypts or hides your password when you use the password data type. Although your password is actually not changed. I use the same password data type like you and my password which is around 8 characters changes to 4 like you said. But while signing into my desired site, it enters the 8 characters password.

In your case I am guessing that you are actually not entering the correct password. Please try to check if the password is case sensitive and try to login manually once before using that password with BluePrism.

RiojaAlberto

Thanks, @amanbareilly, in the end, the problem was from us, the developers. We were not doing a previous step for the user to login correctly.

However, I beleave someone may have the same doubt some day :p