process goes to error but only from the scheduler

Hello,

I’m facing an odd issue running the process attached. The sync outlook process & object launch outlook check when outlook status bar say “All folders and emails update”, close Outlook, kill Outlook and Logged out.
The process and and object is referring to works by any resources I run, but fails in different mode and without any clear error if run by scheduler.
Scheduler setting:

- sync outlook (process) :
- Login Agent -> sync outlook
- sync outlook - > Stop

Can you please have a look at the process and object stages and let me know how to fix it ?
Thanks.
Marco.

Attachments

• object_sync_outlook_stage_1.PNG
    86.2 KB · Views: 4
  • object_sync_outlook_stage_2.PNG
    85.5 KB · Views: 2
  • object_sync_outlook_stage_3.PNG
    89.6 KB · Views: 2
  • process_sync_outlook.PNG
    45.6 KB · Views: 2
  • scheduler_sync_outlook_error_1.PNG
    215.2 KB · Views: 3
  • scheduler_sync_outlook_error_2.PNG
    169.3 KB · Views: 2

Pete_L

That "Terminating remaining sessions" message in the log suggests that the schedule is set up to Fast Fail on Exception. I'm only guessing since you have not provided enough details on the schedule. Are you running this on more than 1 resource simultaneously? Can you post a screenshot of the scheduler setup? That empty stage name in the log is also curious; I have not seen that before.

Hi Pete,
thanks for reply, here attached the screen shot. Tried to untick fast fail on second and last process but still goes in error ... without any feedback.
Thansk.
Marco.

Attachments

• Result_after_untick_fail_faston_anyerror.PNG
    158 KB · Views: 3
  • Scheduler_conf_pmbrupc022.PNG
    184.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi,
seems I solved in this way but I dont undersatnd why ...
I've splitted all three main processes in scheduler in this way :
1) Login - Post completion delay 8 sec.
2) Sync Outlook - Post completion delay 5 sec.
3) Logout
to keep them distance seems I have good chance does not going to terminate.
Do you know why?
Thanks.

Pete_L

Based on the schedule setup, it does not appear that Fast Fail is the culprit since Sync Outlook is the last process in the set. Fast Fail will kill the schedule on all resources on which it is running if a process in the schedule which has Fast Fail ticked terminates. Since Sync Outlook is the last process anyway, it doesn't matter from a Fast Fail perspective if it fast fails or not. Fast Fail is an often overlooked setting, and I recommend always giving serious consideration for each particular use case and design as to whether you want its consequences or not.

The post completion delay allows for a pause between the processes in the schedule, as you have seen. Most likely, it works because Outlook needs time between login and sync, and also between synch and logout, in order to get itself to a state where those actions can be processed. For example, I know that on my system it takes quite a bit of time to load the .PST file when Outlook starts. In your case, the 8 seconds is enough time for that to happen after logon, and by then Outlook is ready to process the next task in the schedule, Sync. Similarly, the 5 second pause between Sync and Logout allows Outlook to "catch up" with things and get to a state where it is able to logout gracefully. I hope this is not confusing. What I'm trying to say is that Blue Prism runs very fast, and some applications need time to do their thing. Blue Prism can definitely run faster than some applications, especially if there is any network lag or similar delay.

Bravo for experimenting and getting it to work! As your .PST file grows, you may need to increase those post completion delays so keep an eye on your production runs.

Best regards!