Really basic question about windows

Hello,
I have a process that opens an application, lets say for example Excel using the application modeller, and i need to check that the window is expanded to full screen, and if it is not full screen then maximize it. I tried using global send keys with the windows key combined with up arrow key but failed.
Thanks for all the help yo can give me with this
Andrés.

adebroise

RPA Ninja
Staff member
@arodriguezm have you tried spying the full screen button with active accessibility?

If you need to send keys, make sure you activate the application window and use send key events. Control and escape is an alternative to the windows key.

which command in the global send key should i use? I tried with "${UP}", "^{ESC}{UP}" , and other combinations i cant remember now.
Thanks and sorry to bother with this.

cs.andras

I think in AA you can check attributes like Expanded, Collapsed, Sizable... try various checks maybe, but this might not directly mean that the Window is indeed maximized, just additional checks.

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
@arodriguezm if you're wanting to use Send Keys, you could use ALT + SPACE, followed by an x. As follows:

1515752238545.png

Activate - simply uses Activate Application on a win32 element of the main screen to ensure the application is in focus.

ALT + SPACE - Global Send Key Events uses the expression "<{ALT} >{ALT}". Ensure there is a space in between as this is the space bar being pressed. This will then present a small pop-up.

X - Global Send Key Events uses the expression "x" to send the x key.

Hope this helps
Rob

RPA_1

I tried "<{Rwin}<{Up}>{Rwin}>{Up}" after activating the windows
It works only when the browser is already launched. If I am trying to launch, attach and then maximize the browser it doesn't work (even though the browser is not maximized fully on purpose). Any updates on this?

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
@RPA_1 if you are automating a browser, you don't need to use the above suggestions.

If you spy the entire browser window in Win32 mode, you can use this in a Navigate Stage and select the action "Maximise".

Rob

RPA_1

I tried that option before but it's not working. What finally worked for me is excluding the activate stage. Very strange though since activate should always be followed before sending the send keys.
Not sure why this strange behaviour.
Happy that it's working somehow

anisjolly

Administrator
I tried that option before but it's not working. What finally worked for me is excluding the activate stage. Very strange though since activate should always be followed before sending the send keys.
Not sure why this strange behaviour.
Happy that it's working somehow

Actually, an activate should be followed by a conditional wait (or a short pause) before you attempt to send keys. This way you can ensure (via the condition within the wait) the window you're expecting to interact with is at the front of the screen before sending any key presses.

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hi @RPA_1

Could you show us the element in Application Modeller that you're trying to use Activate Application with please? Spying the entire browser window in Win32 mode should work so I'm curious as to why it doesn't...

RPA_1

I would love to but it's client confidential. Unable to take screen prints from the place of work.
Thanks for the suggestion though. This option was retried as well but it didn't worked . But I will still recheck.

Thanks a lot

It is solved on my end
I do am on the same line ! I have a Excel opened with the as an Instance and Workbook is opened . I used the show action of MS excel VBO so the excel is showing up in the Task Bar but not is opened automatically or activated so that I can send Keys to it.

Could You Please let me know the Solution for this.

Much Appreciated

johnsonmax007

Activating the Stage is the answer indeed. I am newbie at this and I am super stoked to see how it works.
I was wondering about it for a while and searched for it. It is “super” easy. finally I can rest easy. Thanks guys have a good one.

Prabha

I am using 6.3 and had the same issue. I made a general element for maximizing with only Visible, Screen Visible, Match Index, and Enabled is true and uncheck other attributes

try this and spy the window in Win32 mode it will work