Referring to Nested collections

Emil.Tophoej

I'm designing a process that get its queue from a excel file (one line - one item) - inside browser application this one item gets a number of mobile numbers to do actions on. After all actions on the mobile numbers are complete, it returns to the excel file to write a status in the corresponding line including the data collected from the browser and actions done.

I've found that that you can have a collection in a collection - but I can't seem to refer to it in a "Collections - add row" action - going to do other stuff with this collection.

View attachment Capture.PNG

And with this method i would save the data and status in the item, so that in case of exception you can pick up where you left off. (complexity: time to complete ~5-15 min per item)

I feel a "Master-Slave" queue would require separate exception flows and increase the exception complexity by leagues.

VJR

Hi Emil.Tophoej,

Although I understand part of what you mentioned I would like to know a bit more.
What is it you would like to store in the colt collection? Can you share some examples?
And can you elaborate a bit more on the below
And with this method i would save the data and status in the item, so that in case of exception you can pick up where you left off. (complexity: time to complete ~5-15 min per item)

Emil.Tophoej

Hi VJR

Some elements are masked:
View attachment Capture.PNG

That which i want is the data enclosed in yellow squares - this example would give me only one row consisting of Subscription ID; ICC; IMEI, Process Step since Subscription id is the same on all 4 lines

I would use the Actions "Work Queues - Set Data" after each step so that should the process enter exception flow it'll only retry the steps that was unsuccessfull.

(The comment about the complexity was to elaborate on, why I want to save the data and steps done.)

/ Emil

Last edited: