Request Stop From Another Process

Hi,
Is it possible to have a process on one bot request a stop on another bot?

Regards
I suppose it would be possible to spy Blue Prism itself and then replicate the clicks - not the best option though.

You can send a stop request via command line (/requeststop <sessionid|sessionnumber>) - see Blue Prism Command Line Options in Help for more info.

mcandrewe

I suppose it would be possible to spy Blue Prism itself and then replicate the clicks - not the best option though.

You can send a stop request via command line (/requeststop <sessionid|sessionnumber>) - see Blue Prism Command Line Options in Help for more info.

Thanks, like you say I don't want to go down the road of spying Blueprism itself. What I really want to do is have a process I can run which requests a stop to all bots that are running. Is that possible through the command line method?

mcandrewe

Perhaps use a system variable and update it using the master process, and have slave process check value of system variable, if OK to proceed or stop.
Thanks I like this idea a lot.
I can have an end user send through a request which would set the variable, then another request later on to reset it so that everything is ok.
Thank you.

As an alternative you could create a BP queue for downtimes which stored the start and end of downtime in the item data.

Each of your processes could call a sub process which checks that queue for downtimes, if Now()>[Downtime Start] output a stop flag, which causes your process to stop.

Multiple downtimes could be added to that queue - perhaps there could be a scheduled process which calculates when downtimes could be (e.g. scheduled server restarts) and adds to the downtime queue.