Solved SAP Gui Component not found

RiojaAlberto

Hello, everyone.

I've been doing an object and a process to interact with SAP. In some steps, I need to select or give a click to some tabs inside the window. However, even when I told Blue Prism to do it identifying the tab a couple of new times, Blue Prism sends me the next error:

1519342554897.png

I've tried to identify the window where these tabs are, but the error is still the same one.
I'v tried to identify the element with Windows, Region and Windos application mode (out of SAP mode) and it gives the same error.

Any idea, guys? I ask fou your help.

cs.andras

Hi,
I have noticed that SAP notoriously changes its UI during usage, and with it the background structure as well. For such scenarios, I would say that sometimes it gives better results to use surface automation to detect certain objects/fields...etc.

srikanthp

How can we manage then? The window no will change by screen to screen how can we handle that?
Thanks in advance

srikanthp

@cs.andras do you have any idea about the below description-
I am using the navigate stage (Global send keys) to pass some text into a SAP text area. It works fine in the local but fails in VDI with word gives an error. Do you know how to handle that?

SJB

In the screenshot post above it was highlighted that the spied path in SAP can change and its usually the index values
What was once /window/form[1]/subform/btn[1] could now be /window/form[1]/subform/btn[2] or higher

One way to solve it is :-
  • spy the element and leave the path dynamic
  • put the path in a text item in your process as /window/form[1]/subform/btn[%INDEX%]
  • Replace %INDEX with an incremental counter and then check for your SAP element within a block/recovery/resume
  • not found, increment counter and try again

Reactions: YGC

srikanthp

In the screenshot post above it was highlighted that the spied path in SAP can change and its usually the index values
What was once /window/form[1]/subform/btn[1] could now be /window/form[1]/subform/btn[2] or higher

One way to solve it is :-
  • spy the element and leave the path dynamic
  • put the path in a text item in your process as /window/form[1]/subform/btn[%INDEX%]
  • Replace %INDEX with an incremental counter and then check for your SAP element within a block/recovery/resume
  • not found, increment counter and try again
Thanks for the response