Scheduler doesn't start pending items

wildCat

Hi,

from time to time we are faceing with the problem, when the scheduler adds a new pending item to the session management, but does't run it.
The issue is quiet critical, because some of our processes run at night and scheduler blocks VDI pool, and next process cannot be started.

Does any of you have had a similiar issue and maybe found a solution or any notifcation system about this kind of situation?

Many thanks in advance,
Best,
L

Emil.Tophoej

Can You give more insight into the part about "scheduler adds a new pending item"?

When a Process is pending start, is the entire pool reserved, until the actual start?

Ismael

What is happening to us is:

1. Process is scheduled at let's say 01.00 am.
2. Process is triggered at 01.00 and it will appear in Control Room as "Pending".
3. After that it stays there. The change from "Pending" to "Running" is never happening, locking the resource, so nothing else will run afterwards.

Emil.Tophoej

I can't find any option to have the scheduler add a job as a pending item only. You're not adding the process as pending in control room before you leave for the day?

What kind of setup do you have? Are you using remote servers (serverpool) with login agent?

Ismael

@Johan___Luning We don't use and this issue is not happening always. It is happening some days yes some days not.
@Emil.Tophoej no, we don't add it. It's comming from the scheduler 100% sure. We don't use login agent we have just PCs running as a resource PC.

Cheers,
Ismael.

wildCat

I think it's a bug in BP. I posted the same topic on the official forum, but didn't get any proper answer. Maybe in one of the next version it will be resolved...

Emil.Tophoej

We don't experience it - the only thing we can imagine is either that the automate script breaks or the service breaks at a critical time.

I may depend on the type of setup you are running - we are running Remote desktops on a pc with screen in locked room