Search button not working while automating an web application

Varun Kumar

Iam trying to automate red bus application, I couldn't go to next page because search button on page is not working.I have spied it and after spying it had shown the element as button, I have tried using multiple spy modes and I even tried focusing and entering the input in the respective fields , still nothing had helped me,could any one have an answer for this, I am on Windows 10 and my internet explorer version is 11, is this causing an issue ?
IMG-20180304-WA0002.jpgIMG-20180304-WA0002.jpg

VJR

Hello Varun,

You are unable to spy the Search button. Are you able to spy the 'From' and 'To' textboxes? If yes in which mode?
No, windows 10 and IE has not got to do with any issues. Just make sure while spying that the zoom of the browser is 100%.

Varun Kumar

Hi VJR,
I am able to spy the search button , I have spied everything in html mode , when I use navigate stage and use click center, the button is not getting clicked (tried manually clicking the button still nothing was happening) the page is not going to next page , I have tried everything using AA Mode also still I was facing same issue.zoom size and all are fine.just I was not able to navigate to next page after clicking the search button

VJR

Okay, I was able to use the Region mode and then used Click center which took me to the next page and showed the search results.
I'm curious about one thing. How did you enter the From Date? It is non-editable and how are you selecting the different dates without spying every single date on the calendar which is not going to be possible?

Varun Kumar

I'm taking the date input from a file or for a single entry I am using a data item with data item as text and populating the date value in journey date field , my requirement is like I will have few routes and dates for which I have to select all the available buses and their prices and load it to an Excel.
Did you get a chance to try this with html mode ? And have any idea why isn't that working.?

VJR

For me the 'onward date' text box is not editable. Not sure as to how you are able to insert the date into that field which cannot be edited even manually. I'm using the URL https://www.redbus.in.
Unfortunately, this wesbite is not opening on IE for me. It has got to do something with my internet service provider and browser and proxy settings. But this opens up in Chrome and there I cannot see the HTML mode. (BP supports IE browser as of now).
Though, you can still use Region mode to capture the Search button and use click center and show the results on IE too.

Varun Kumar

No, for me using internet explorer the field onward date is editable, I have entered data into it, I'll attach an image check it once , if I have no other option my last hope is region mode. Im expecting that there would be some work around using html mode .

Attachments

• IMG-20180304-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20180304-WA0001.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 5

VJR

okay good for you for having the field editable in IE. In my opinion if you are able to easily spy the input boxes in html mode then the Search button should be easy too. But, you mentioned you are not able to click the button even manually. Then I'm not sure how it would be clickable through BP.