send mail to alias in BP

budziakkamil

hey guys, need your assistance.
I have unique employee ID of recipient and it looks like id8bu@company.com
I'm able to send mail correctly from outlook level by type: id8bu, than ctrl +k and it's finding in company address book.
how to send it correctly and quickly, without spying MS Outlook etc?

Thanks in advance

Pete_L

Hmmm.... you should easily be able to send an email to id8bu@company.com using the VBO. If you are wanting to use the company address book, then I'm afraid you will need to spy Outlook itself. However, if you already know the employee ID (since you're using it to serch the company address book), then wouldn't any employee id be <employee_ID>@company.com? If so, then the Outlook VBO should allow you to send an email to that address. Please post a screenshot of your MS Outlook Email VBO configuration, and hopefully we can diagnose the issue.

budziakkamil

Hmmm.... you should easily be able to send an email to id8bu@company.com using the VBO. If you are wanting to use the company address book, then I'm afraid you will need to spy Outlook itself. However, if you already know the employee ID (since you're using it to serch the company address book), then wouldn't any employee id be <employee_ID>@company.com? If so, then the Outlook VBO should allow you to send an email to that address. Please post a screenshot of your MS Outlook Email VBO configuration, and hopefully we can diagnose the issue.
Thanks for your answer.
Trick is that id8bu belongs to Zinedine Zidane and his mail is Zinedine.Zidane@company, which works fine with BP code.
Zinedine Zidane has AD account with identifier id8bu and from Outlook view I'm able to search for that and using crtl + K in "to" field to find recipient properly

budziakkamil

it works, Im able to send passing into 'to' only "id8bu", thats all