Sending e-mail using SMTP

vmaneesh

Hello,

I am trying to send an email using an outlook account through SMTP. I am getting an error which basically says that "client has not been authenticated". Does the account i am sending from need to be set up on the environment i am using? Is it an issue with username/password?

It would be great if someone could give step by step instructions on how to set up outlook account so that it is used by BluePrism in order to send emails.

Thanks

vmaneesh

i am getting the error: "Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage. the smtp server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. the server response was: 5.5.1 Authenticaltionrequired.

vmaneesh

Hi - thanks for the reply. Is the method you said same if i were to send emails from one outlook account to another?

sivagelli

"Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage. the smtp server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. the server response was: 5.5.1 Authenticaltionrequired
This error is related to gmail account, so if you have configured gmail into outlook for sending emails, you have to toggle the security level of the account to send emails.

If you want to deal with Outlook but not the gmail, use Mapiex VBO with BP. Also, the latest version of BP has a Outlook VBO, you may want to check that as well.

Hope this helps!