show text value but cannot be assigned

Hello,
please see attached picture explain more than words ... I can read the value in text thumbnail but I dont get it in "current value" field. Process know there is string in there but it does not assign it effectively.
Those values comes out from collection generated by a select statement on DB Oracle view. I reach Oracle view by Linked server in MS SQL. In Oracle this column is VARCHAR2 (4000 CHAR). Before it was NVARCHAR2().
How can fix it?
Thanks.
Marco.

Attachments

• current value.PNG
    current value.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 13

Pete_L

In the data item properties, click the ".." next to the Current Value field. If there is an errant carriage return or line feed in the text value, the Current Value field will only show you the 2nd line of the value. So if the text value is "email@company.com" and there is a CR or LF after the .com, the Current Value field will only show you a blank value, like in your screenshot. Click the ".." and if this is the case, you will see it right away. You can then fix it by deleting everything after ".com" (even though it looks like nothing is there).

Hi, that make sense ... many thanks. Finally I have replaced the LISTAGG function in Oracle statement to clean the result. Br.