Task could not be deploy on selected client.

pravinpatilcse

There are multiple reasons for this issue.
- AA client auto login is not working
- Control room disk size is full
- AA client machine passwords are changed so need to update the password in AA client.
and so on...

Gaurav Sharma

There are multiple reasons for this issue.
- AA client auto login is not working
- Control room disk size is full
- AA client machine passwords are changed so need to update the password in AA client.
and so on...
Hi Pravinpatilcse,

Thanks for your replay.

On one BOT when I am running a process from the control room then it showing "the process is deployed successfully " but nothing happens on the client machine.
Please help me to fix this issue.

Regards,
gaurav

blue rpa

Hi All,

i am facing an issue when i want to run or schedule a process form control room.

Facing below error message.
I am using AA 10.6

please suggest me solution of this issue.

View attachment 3039

As stated in AA Support Website

Article Number
Title
Unable To Deploy Task From Control Room, It Shows An Error Message "Task <Task Name> Could Not Be Deployed On <Machine Name>"
Summary

When running or scheduling the task from the control room, you are not able to deploy the task to the client machines and the below error comes up on the control room machine:

Cause
Cause 1. TLS Mismatch between client and control room machine.

Cause 2 – Ping to the Client machine is not available via host name.

Cause 3 – Communication via the default Client server communication port number 8001 is not allowed through firewall or any intermediate proxies.

Cause 4: Mismatch in the proxy server settings on the Control room server and Bot Runner Client system

Cause 5: Corrupted ServerConfig.xml in the location “C:\Users\Public\Documents\Automation Anywhere Client Files”
Resolution/Workaround

Below are the Solution to all 5 causes:

Cause 1. TLS Mismatch between client and control room machine.

In order to confirm whether it is TLS Mismatch error, below Error logs will be generated under “Webcr” log file which is available under “Public documents/AutomationAnywhereServerFiles/Logs/Webcr”:

Error Message: The requested upgrade is not supported by 'net.tcp://hostname.com:8001/Push Service'. This could be due to mismatched bindings (for example security enabled on the client and not on the server).

Additional Info: Client and Control Room should have same security settings. (Network security / Firewall)

Solution

Make sure to TLS Settings are in synch on both the side i.e. Client machine and Server machine, below steps needs to be performed in order to change the TLS Settings:

Control Room: For disabling/enabling TLS settings, go to Enterprise.setting.xml under Control Room application path (e.g. C:\Users\Public\Documents\Automation Anywhere Server Files) and set the Enable TLS node to false/True as per requirement

<ConfigSection>

<Name>EnableTLS</Name>

<Value>False</Value>

</ConfigSection>

Client: For disabling/enabling TLS settings, go to Automation Anywhere Client Files under Public documents (at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Automation Anywhere Client Files) and create a "Settings.xml" file with the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configsettings xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"" xmlns:x- si="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">;

<Services>

<enabletls>False</enabletls>

</services>

</configsettings>

Restart the Automation Anywhere client service and Login to Automation Anywhere Client.

Cause 2 – Ping to the Client machine is not available via host name.

Solution- Make sure Client is reachable using FQDN, we can verify same via ping to FQDN. FQDN of Client machine should get resolve from DNS.

Temporarily resolve the FQDN by making entry in host file of Control Room server machine

Go to location C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
open hosts file
Append ip address of client machine and FQDN of client machine at the end of file, Save File.

Note – From 10 LTS onwards communication via IP address has been removed so edit IP option in Clients tab in Control Room will not help in building the communication between server name and client name.

Cause 3 – Communication via the default Client server communication port number 8001 is not allowed through firewall or any intermediate proxies.

How to Verify – Telnet command can be used to verify whether communication via the host name and port number is open or not.

While doing telnet if error is prompted that telnet is not a recognized as internal or external command, as shown below:

To enable Telnet command line utilities:

Click Start > Control Panel.
Click Programs and Features.
Click Turn Windows features on or off.
In the Windows Features dialog box, check the Telnet Client check box.
Click OK. The system installs the appropriate files. This will take a few seconds to a minute.

To do the telnet follow the below steps:

Click “Start menu” go to “Run”
In the “Run” box, type “CMD”
With the command prompt open type: telnet hostname.domain.com Port number
Note that the port number may vary. As well as the host name or IP address
If connection to the port does not establish then add the Port in Inbound/Outbound Rules of Client machine and Control Room machine.

Solution – Add inbound/outbound rules in firewall to enable the client-server communication port.

On the server machine add the rule in outbound rule and on the client machine add the rule in Inbound Rule so as client and server machine will able to communicate with each other via that port number.

Note:

Adding rules in inbound/outbound will only be applicable to local firewall.
If after adding the rules also the telnet command is throwing the error that means port is blocked by company level firewall.

Cause 4: Mismatch in the proxy server settings on the Control room server and Bot Runner Client system

Solution: If Proxy server settings are enabled on Control room, ensure you have the same Proxy server settings on Bot runner client

Problematic Scenario:

Control room:

Navigate to Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN Settings

Client:

Cause 5: Corrupted ServerConfig.xml in the location “C:\Users\Public\Documents\Automation Anywhere Client Files”

ServerConfig.xml file looks to be healthy with 1 KB data. However, when opened through any editor there is no content which confirms the file is corrupted.

Solution:

Rename the ServerConfig.xml file to serverConfigOld.xml file and relog in to Bot runner client which re-generates the serverConfig.xml file for the logged in user resolving the Bot deployment issue form Control room.

blue rpa

Hi Pravinpatilcse,

Thanks for your replay.

On one BOT when I am running a process from the control room then it showing "the process is deployed successfully " but nothing happens on the client machine.
Please help me to fix this issue.

Regards,
gaurav

make sure firewall not blocking the following ports:
8001, 8090, 943 and 4530