Solved Unable to launch the windows application from application modeller

sreejith

Hi! There's a windows application which I am trying to launch via the application modeller and it shows an error as "Failed to launch the application". But if i un-check the 'run this program as administrator' checkbox in the compatibility tab in the properties window of that application it works fine. But if i do that it changes the UI of the application. so i cant un-check it and continue. Is there any solution to run the application keeping the check mark checked for 'run this program as administrator' and proceed.

anisjolly

Administrator
Actually, you do not have to logon to your PC as admin, but more importantly your Blue Prism instance needs to be run as an administrator as it is Blue Prism that is eventually launching the software / application (as a user) - that's the key.

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi @sreejith

I'm afraid you cannot launch windows apps in 'run as administrator' via Blue Prism at present. This may change in future versions of Blue Prism.

Jose Luis Sosa

[QUOTE = "anisjolly, publicación: 5955, miembro: 22"] Hola [USER = 2910] @sreejith [/ USER]

Me temo que no puede iniciar aplicaciones de Windows en 'ejecutar como administrador' a través de Blue Prism en este momento. Esto puede cambiar en futuras versiones de Blue Prism. [/ QUOTE]

Hola anisjolly, sabras si esto ya está disponibles. Poder ejecutar un archivo como administrador?

Manu

Hi @anisjolly,

in the latest versions, is there any way to launch windows apps in 'run as administrator' via Blue Prism (Control Room / Scheduler) ?