"Unable to match any Active Accessibility elements to the supplied query terms" while working in Object Studio

RiojaAlberto

Hi,

I've been working with a robot for a while, and this is the second space where Blue Prism sends me the next error, but with different elements:

1520460361913.png

This is not a problem while I run the object in Object Studio.

I've tried to reidentify the elements some times, and the problem is the same... So, I don't think that's a solution :/

Does someone know how to deal with or solve this "problem". I don't know if I am doing something wrong, because I'm working with SAP, and identifying stuff with different modes (Accessibility, Win32, Region and SAP).

Thanks.

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hi @RiojaAlberto

Usually when people say something works in Object Studio but not when ran from a Process, the issue is related to speed. Are you using Wait Stages in your object to ensure the element exists before using the Navigate Stage?

RiojaAlberto

Hi @RiojaAlberto

Usually when people say something works in Object Studio but not when ran from a Process, the issue is related to speed. Are you using Wait Stages in your object to ensure the element exists before using the Navigate Stage?
Yes, I do. And I have ran the "Process" in the Object Studio at full speed... It works :) ... just there.

RiojaAlberto

I'm confused, is the process now working? Or do you still have an issue?
Just in Object Studio.

However, someone told me to do the process differently... 'cause I was doing a bad practice :rolleyes:

My issue happened after sending keystrokes to a spyed window with Accesibility mode. It worked in Object studio, but on Process studio it did not work.
I do not know why. And I think that solving this stuff would help to someone else. :)

amador

This happened to me and still trying to find the solution. Just like you it was a simple site and a solution to do yet seems so difficult to debug.

I am not sending keystrokes rather clicking a 3 different level of link or navigation bars. I tried various spying AA, HTML, Regions and each works in different run modes -- control room, scheduler inside blue prism, dev mode, full-speed, etc. I put some wait stage in between navigation with global click mouse center or even page change I thought due to timing issue which shouldn't need anyways cuz just clicking it and no page refresh or change.

Works in various run modes however, it failed during unattended mode..meaning during on an scheduled run. Our prod machine is a desktop owned by a different user. When we deploy our codes, we RDP or go to the prod machine physically and import the release. We log on in the prod machine using the machine owner credential as he is the admin -- from there we configure the solution and create a scheduler.

I have been trying to debug this but as of this writing, I seems can't find yet why....it has been a a week now.

I am developing applications for over 20 yrs - Java, C# VB, Web, SSIS, SQL, Power Builder, etc (yes I am a jack of all trades, master of NONE, LOL) and I have not encountered such difficulties like this. Other solutions I have developed so far in BP 6 are much more complicated than this yet I am banging my head how to fix the issue. The website was written in JSP.

Any one have this issue as well? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Amador

Last edited:

Ayan19

Just in Object Studio.

However, someone told me to do the process differently... 'cause I was doing a bad practice :rolleyes:

My issue happened after sending keystrokes to a spyed window with Accesibility mode. It worked in Object studio, but on Process studio it did not work.
I do not know why. And I think that solving this stuff would help to someone else. :)

Hi @RiojaAlberto !

I currently have the same issue. AA spy mode and using "Global send keys". It works fine in Object Studio, but get the same error in message in your initial message when trying to run it in Process. How did you manage to fix it? What is best practice when using global send keys?

amador

Hi @RiojaAlberto

Based on my own experience, this is not always the issue. I always use Wait Stage for page refresh and areas where elements takes a while to show due to the speed of the application and much possible screen has always the "focus".

amador

This happened to me and still trying to find the solution. Just like you it was a simple site and a solution to do yet seems so difficult to debug.

I am not sending keystrokes rather clicking a 3 different level of link or navigation bars. I tried various spying AA, HTML, Regions and each works in different run modes -- control room, scheduler inside blue prism, dev mode, full-speed, etc. I put some wait stage in between navigation with global click mouse center or even page change I thought due to timing issue which shouldn't need anyways cuz just clicking it and no page refresh or change.

Works in various run modes however, it failed during unattended mode..meaning during on an scheduled run. Our prod machine is a desktop owned by a different user. When we deploy our codes, we RDP or go to the prod machine physically and import the release. We log on in the prod machine using the machine owner credential as he is the admin -- from there we configure the solution and create a scheduler.

I have been trying to debug this but as of this writing, I seems can't find yet why....it has been a a week now.

I am developing applications for over 20 yrs - Java, C# VB, Web, SSIS, SQL, Power Builder, etc (yes I am a jack of all trades, master of NONE, LOL) and I have not encountered such difficulties like this. Other solutions I have developed so far in BP 6 are much more complicated than this yet I am banging my head how to fix the issue. The website was written in JSP.

Any one have this issue as well? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Amador
I finally figured it out why I am getting this issue. It was not the code after all. This is because of our environment - our prod machine is a desktop and will go to "screen lock" after lengthy inactivity. Once screen lock then those elements are obscured which resulted to this "unable to match...query terms" :rolleyes: We cannot turn off this screen lock due to banks' strict policies.