Unable to spy elements of ServiceNow in BluePrism

ankitiswidu

Hi,
Do we have any information on this? I am unable to spy the Service now Pages. Is Global Send Keys the only option ?

Thanks,
Ankit

santi

Avoid service now UI automation as it's not stable. Use service now APIs. We have 5/6 processes that use service now via web service calls.

rajeev2509

I had similar issue while spying XeCurrency.com
You can resolve issue to a great extent by spying in HTML mode and using Global Send keys wherever applicable.

santi

Hi Santi,

Can you please provide from where we can get these ?

Here a link to their API documentation for Madrid

https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/...page/build/applications/concept/api-rest.html

Google "service now API documentation" to find your specific SN version.

You may need to request SN Dev access from your organization for "Rest API explorer" to test your calls. If you don't know what any of this means, YouTube and Google are your best friend.
If you're automating SN via UI, you're in for a really really rough time and your whomever has to support it will not be happy.

Skarbek

Hi,

Mallikarjun is right, most of the elements can be spied in Ui Automation mode on Internet Explorer.
Additionally for some elements I use Injecting JavaScript into the page code, which works much faster but does not work for all elements.

Example: clicking on the 'Favorites' tab on the left menu:
First spy some element using HTML code (ex. the whole left side frame). Then use 'Navigate' stage and inside use action 'Input JavaScript Fragment'. As an Input type proper command, in this case: "document.getElementById('favorites_tab').click();".

To get elements IDs use Developer Tools --> DOM Explorer (or Elements) in the browser. Bear in mind that most of the elements (like all the elements for a specific ticket) are contained in html frame, so the full command to access them needs to contain this root element too ('gsft_main').

For example to click on the 'Notes' element inside a ticket, this is the Input I use:

"var myTabs = document.getElementById('gsft_main').contentWindow.document.getElementsByClassName('tab_caption_text');
for(var i=0;i<myTabs.length;i++){
if(myTabs .innerHTML == 'Notes'){
myTabs.click();
}
};"

MadhuG001

Hi Shrutiseth810,

You should be able to spy the login/pwd boxes using the Html mode, unless it uses a different kind of Plugin not yet supported by Blue Prism.

You mentioned you were able to spy the logo. Which mode were you able to use here?

Do a right click on the webpage and View Source and see if you are able to see the tags related to the uname/pwd boxes. Are they pure html like <Input> tags used for textboxes or something else or you do not see them at all?

Also you mentioned you are not able to spy. Does that mean nothing happens when you click the Identify button on the Application Modeller? Can you provide share the inputs you gave in the Modeller wizard like - Web based application, Browser already running? or new instance?, 32 bit/64 bit, etc.
Hi VJR,
I am also facing issue with service now.
I can able to spy all elements using HTML mode.
But problem is, if the Service now team did some upgrade then some elements are not getting read.
There is a section in the service now ticket page, where none of the elements are getting read.
In fact we can't make it dynamic, because the TR value keep changing - sometimes 3/4/7 like that.

Kindly advise.

Awaiting for your kind suggestions. Thank you.

MadhuG001

Hi Shrutiseth810,

You should be able to spy the login/pwd boxes using the Html mode, unless it uses a different kind of Plugin not yet supported by Blue Prism.

You mentioned you were able to spy the logo. Which mode were you able to use here?

Do a right click on the webpage and View Source and see if you are able to see the tags related to the uname/pwd boxes. Are they pure html like <Input> tags used for textboxes or something else or you do not see them at all?

Also you mentioned you are not able to spy. Does that mean nothing happens when you click the Identify button on the Application Modeller? Can you provide share the inputs you gave in the Modeller wizard like - Web based application, Browser already running? or new instance?, 32 bit/64 bit, etc.
Hi VJR,
We are not able to spy a specific area of service now ticket page, after each service now upgrade.
Not able to make TR dynamic also. Because the value is not fixed, sometimes it's increased by 3/4/7.
Kindly advise.

Awaiting for your kind suggestions.