Unable to spy elements of ServiceNow in BluePrism

Shrutiseth810

Hi All,

I have to automate the ticket handling process in Service Now using Blue Prism. To begin with am unable to spy the username and password text boxes on Login page.
Am able to spy and record the attributes of a logo on that page.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Sukesh Kumaru

Hi,
Service Now is Web based application right...it should work with HTML or AA mode definitely, is this service now accessed from IE ?
If at all these 2 modes don't really works then go with Region Mode as you said.

VJR

Hi All,

I have to automate the ticket handling process in Service Now using Blue Prism. To begin with am unable to spy the username and password text boxes on Login page.
Am able to spy and record the attributes of a logo on that page.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!
Hi Shrutiseth810,

You should be able to spy the login/pwd boxes using the Html mode, unless it uses a different kind of Plugin not yet supported by Blue Prism.

You mentioned you were able to spy the logo. Which mode were you able to use here?

Do a right click on the webpage and View Source and see if you are able to see the tags related to the uname/pwd boxes. Are they pure html like <Input> tags used for textboxes or something else or you do not see them at all?

Also you mentioned you are not able to spy. Does that mean nothing happens when you click the Identify button on the Application Modeller? Can you provide share the inputs you gave in the Modeller wizard like - Web based application, Browser already running? or new instance?, 32 bit/64 bit, etc.

Iftikar

I have similar issue. I am able to spy the login screen, but inside ServiceNow I am unable to spy element using HTML mode or AA mode. Using HTML mode it is not selecting correct element and using AA mode the BP is crashing.
I am using IE11.

Sukesh Kumaru

I have similar issue. I am able to spy the login screen, but inside ServiceNow I am unable to spy element using HTML mode or AA mode. Using HTML mode it is not selecting correct element and using AA mode the BP is crashing.
I am using IE11.
Then use Region Mode.

Iftikar

I tried this also, but same issue "Internal : Failed To perform Step 1 In Write Stage 'Writer1' on page 'Action 1' - Value does not fall within the expected range."

I did service now automation in my project. It gives some issues. Use HTML mode if there are more tickets to handle as AA spied elements are slow while working on.
If you are facing issues in HTML mode, make sure that the zoom of browser is 100%. If still facing the issue in spying, try spying the element on screen near it's actuall appearing position (Left, Right, Up, Down).

Priya Kumari

I am also facing the similar issue with Service now, the tickets Assigned to tabs are not being spied with HTML Mode and if it is spied with AA mode then at the time of Highlighting the element, the BP is crashing, Kindly provide some Solutions.

Thanks in Advance.

emayan90

Blue Prism is warrning that there is more than one element found, then we may have unchecked these below attributes:

1.Visible
2.Screen Visible

Try setting them as "True", and please check if that will help with your problem.

Different approach would be to use one of below:
1.Match Index
2.Ordinal

naikpraveen

Blue prism will not work on Service Now by spying. Some fields you can spy but 100% because Service Now provides a different package for RPA which is not free.

Below methods will work
1) use global send keys
2) through API(best option)