Use case Data Prepping RPA

CJVE

Hi All !

I am new to RPA but have been working as a Business Intelligence Manager and hence a lot with data and "AI / ML" Advanced analytics , though not macro automating processes / RPA. However, I have a use case in my work where there are hundreds of excel files "invoices"; hence, all are in the format / layout as normal invoices are. they are in invoice format: Buyer, Seller, Invoice number, reference, Dates, Purchase order rows, etc

My use case is to try and consolidate all these excel files "invoices" into a straight table data readable structure for analysis.

The human way would be to copy and paste pieces from each excel into the correct straight table structure "Like a transaction table / each excel file becomes a transaction / a row of data".

Though, is there an RPA service that is cheap where I could dump a lot of these files into and it crunches it and creates a transactional straight data table.

This use case is an Ad hoc case where I would like to dump hundreds of excel one time. No need to continuously dump new files in every day. Hence Looking more for a cheap ad hoc solution..

What could be the options ?

Last edited:

Pete_L

Your requirement appears to be a perfect use case for a software program called Monarch (www.datawatch.com). I do not know the price, but it is not cheap. You may be able to find cheaper alternatives if you google it. If you do evaluate the software, they will try to point you to the server edition, but you can still use the less expensive standalone/individual version if you build Objects to automate the Monarch UI.

Yousiside

Many banks around the world are promoting the usage of RPA due to the volume of data handled every day in order to reduce mistakes and human efforts.