Wait stage is not working

bhuvan.sundar

Hi,

I have Wait stage for Username exists with timeout 5 seconds after browser launched with gmail.Now my problem is execution is not moving further from Wait stage after successfully browser launched with gmail login .Please find the attached screenshot.
Please help me to resolve that issue.
Thanks in advance
waitstage_issue.png

VJR

Hi bhuvan.sundar,

Can you show the properties of the Wait stage?

Also "doesn't move further from Wait stage" means - is it stuck there and does not proceed at all
OR does it move but goes into sort of infinite loop?

bhuvan.sundar

Hi bhuvan.sundar,

Can you show the properties of the Wait stage?

Also "doesn't move further from Wait stage" means - is it stuck there and does not proceed at all
OR does it move but goes into sort of infinite loop?

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.Please find the attached screenshot for Wait State properties.
Its not moving further from Wait stage ,and no infinite loop showing cursor at Wait stage in orange color .I am not sure what happened .

Please do the needful on this.

Attachments

• WaitProperties.jpg
    WaitProperties.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 313

VJR

Hi bhuvan.sundar,

In the original post it is mentioned as timeout to be given 5 seconds after the browser is launched.
In the Wait stage properties at the bottom it is showing as 20 seconds.
I hope you are waiting for the full 20 seconds to see whether the process goes further or not.
Please check and see.
If it is not working then share a screenshot while at the wait stage but along with the status message shown at the bottom of the screen on the status bar.

RPA_1

Also, Could be a spying problem. Try to enable session log as well if running from control room or try to capture the exception if any for further investigation.
Are you using HTML mode?

bhuvan.sundar

Hi bhuvan.sundar,

In the original post it is mentioned as timeout to be given 5 seconds after the browser is launched.
In the Wait stage properties at the bottom it is showing as 20 seconds.
I hope you are waiting for the full 20 seconds to see whether the process goes further or not.
Please check and see.
If it is not working then share a screenshot while at the wait stage but along with the status message shown at the bottom of the screen on the status bar.

Thank you VJ for reply.
I have checked with timeout 20 seconds.still not moving from Wait stage even after 1 min time also.Please find the attachmentstatus.png

RPA_1

Try using minimal attributes
May be class name, id and path will do
And after this stage out some dynamic wait like you have used. Ensure that system latency is handled .

bhuvan.sundar

Also, Could be a spying problem. Try to enable session log as well if running from control room or try to capture the exception if any for further investigation.
Are you using HTML mode?
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
using HTML Edit in App modeller. In wait stage given condition wait till First Name exists otherwise timeout .Please let me know if you have any ideas

RPA_1

Not sure what u mean by default attribute wait time. What I was suggesting was to put a wait stage with check exist condition (smart wait or dynamic wait is what we call it) and then proceed with the next stage like you have done before. .

bhuvan.sundar

Not sure what u mean by default attribute wait time. What I was suggesting was to put a wait stage with check exist condition (smart wait or dynamic wait is what we call it) and then proceed with the next stage like you have done before. .
Okay.done same thing what you suggested no luck.i haved removed check exists command and used only timeout option with 20 seconds then it is working but attribute is loaded before 20 seconds only so this is time wasting
Thank you

bhuvan.sundar

Pl
Okay.done same thing what you suggested no luck.i haved removed check exists command and used only timeout option with 20 seconds then it is working but attribute is loaded before 20 seconds only so this is time wasting
Thank you
Pls let me know good site URL for blueprism to watch videos

Thank you in advance

VJR

Hi bhuvan.sundar,

At first do what RPA_1 has suggested to use minimal attributes. Minimize the number of tickmarks in the Match column of the Application Modeller. This has been suggested by Blue Prism to keep trying with minimum and various attributes so that the element becomes unique to match by BP.

- So play around with the Identify and Highlight buttons by experimenting with different matching attributes and see which one highlights always.
At first you can remove Class name, Enabled, Parent url must definitely be removed, Tag name.

- Also I think you are using a Navigate stage for EnterFirstName whereas you should be using a Writer stage

- Also check one more thing which I don't think should be a problem but still worth checking.
The Data Item as well as the Element name both have their names as FirstName (Refer screenshot).
I hope you have dragged the appropriate one in the Wait stage. Drag the element to the element column. May be it automatically adds square brackets or does not even allow if it was the DataItem by mistake but still worth doing a check.
Also try using different names for both.

Attachments

• fb firstname.jpg
    fb firstname.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

RPA_1

Good observation VJR.
Even DOB is being provided using navigate stage. Not sure why.
Bhuvan.sundar - pls check
Also, dynamic wait should work in this case. Pls try the approach suggested by VJR.
Regarding the online videos - I don't have any link but some videos are really popular on YouTube. You will know it once you open and start looking. Videos are in series with proper explanation by the author.

bhuvan.sundar

Hi ,

Thank you all for an ideas.
I have tried all ways as per your an ideas still no tworking. I have removed dynamic wait and kept fixed timeout option only is working fine.

Please let me know what could be the solution.

Thanks in advance