Webservice

1.How is webservice used in BP project in real time? Can anyone explain a scenario?

2. Is it possible to expose a process as a webservice? If yes, how?. Can u explain in steps.

Pete_L

1. After you create a WebService, you use it in your process the same way you would use any Object. Each method that is exposed would be set up within the WebService, and then becomes an Action that you can select from the Action dropdown in the Object. In the list of Objects, you will find a folder called WebServices; that is where you will find the object created by the WebService that you define. There is an extensive WebService guide on the BP Portal that I strongly recommend you read. This guide will also help you with your 2nd question.

Pete_L

I believe it is called WebServices Guide. I just tried to search for it myself on the portal and couldn't find it, but I know it's there somewhere. That's where I got it from. You may have to contact BP Customer Support to have them help you locate it.

Pete_L

I found the user guide on the portal. It's called Vn User Guide - Web Services, where n is the BP version number. Also refer to v6.4 User Guide - Web APIs.

Pete_L

Hi
I'm trying to attach that guide but the size is large. the guide name is v6 User Guide - Web Services

Please read the sticky post at the top of the forum. Attaching documents from the BP Portal is not allowed, as it would be a copyright violation.