Bot Scheduling in Blue Prism

steven.mac

Hello Experts,

I am working as a Business Analyst in an MNC. I need your guidance regarding an issue with bot scheduling in Blue Prism.

We are using a bot to run multiple processes in a day. We need to use it very efficiently.

Example - one process ends at 4:00 PM and we want to run next one at 4:01 PM, i.e. after a gap of only 1 min. Is it possible? Is is advisable to do? Any standard practices for bot scheduling?

Kindly let me know. Thanks in advance.

Stephen Jones

A couple of questions --

Process 1 - at the end of the schedule (4pm) will the work queue for the process be empty ?
Process 1 - how long does it take on average to finish a job on the work queue for the process ?

steven.mac

Hello Stephen,
We are working on automating simple reports. We are not using Work Queues for data processing. I was told by a team-mate that the control room folks might need at least 10 min gap between 2 processes. It's needed to 'awake' the bot. I don't what that means.
Thanks.

Stephen Jones

Interesting , I've never come across having to wake up BP Robots. Unless they mean they need to wake the application up that is used to create the reports. If you are not using queues , where is the data being grabbed from that make up the report, is it a Database ?