Close Excel File without instance

CamiCat

hello friends,

I'm developing a project using Blue Prism and I have to interact with SAP.
After having inserted some parameters in SAP in one transaction , I should extract the data generated in an Excel File.
When I save the file, the Excel file generated opens automatically.
I don't know how to close the excel file which has been automatically opened by SAP, since I don't have the Master Handle to insert in the Close Workbook Activity.
Thank you so much,
Cami :)

MetVonghiran

Hello, Cami

There's 4 actions as far as I know for you to use to get the handle from Excel. Those actions are as following

1) Create instance
2) Attach
3) Attach to Workbook
4) Open Instance

From what you are trying to do I would recommend "Open Instance" with the workbook name "*xx*", that should do the trick.
Before you use "Open Instance", "Attach", "Attach to Workbook", please make sure that the workbook you want to work with is completely opened and ready to be interacted with.

Regards,
Met Vonghiran

CamiCat

Thank you so much @MetVonghiran ,

I'll try the option that you suggestion that you gave me:
Open Instance" with the workbook name "*xx*".
I'll post the answer.
thank you,
Cami :)

CamiCat

Hello, Cami

There's 4 actions as far as I know for you to use to get the handle from Excel. Those actions are as following

1) Create instance
2) Attach
3) Attach to Workbook
4) Open Instance

From what you are trying to do I would recommend "Open Instance" with the workbook name "*xx*", that should do the trick.
Before you use "Open Instance", "Attach", "Attach to Workbook", please make sure that the workbook you want to work with is completely opened and ready to be interacted with.

Regards,
Met Vonghiran
Hello @MetVonghiran,
should I use all the actions "Open Instance", "Attach", "Attach to Workbook" in sequence?
Thank you,
Cami

Vedazz

This post is a bit old but incase anyone is looking for a way if the above steps don't work. These are the steps that worked for me:-
1. Attach
2. Attach to Workbook
3. Close All Instances