Count of Variables in List in Automation Anywhere

VJR

Hi Sathish183,

For what purpose would you need the count of values?
If you want it for the loop itself then the "Loop" command will take care of it.
But if you want a number then you will need to have a counter variable and do a variable operation on it to keep adding till the end of loop.
If you want to avoid loop there doesn't appear to be a system variable to do so, but if you find anything then do post back.

Sukesh Kumaru

Hi Sathish183,

For what purpose would you need the count of values?
If you want it for the loop itself then the "Loop" command will take care of it.
But if you want a number then you will need to have a counter variable and do a variable operation on it to keep adding till the end of loop.
If you want to avoid loop there doesn't appear to be a system variable to do so, but if you find anything then do post back.
That's what i said.

VJR

That's what i said.
The three fold clarification I have asked to the original poster is slightly different than what you have mentioned.
The counter variable won't work if it is needed to iterate through the loop - hence 1.a.
If not then the counter variable could be used - hence 1.b.

Q1. For what purpose would you need the count of values?
Ans 1.a. If you want it for the loop itself then the "Loop" command will take care of it.

Ans 1.b. But if you want a number then you will need to have a counter variable and do a variable operation on it to keep adding till the end of loop.

Ans 1.c. If you want to avoid loop there doesn't appear to be a system variable to do so
And also this is about informing that there doesn't appear to be a system variable to directly get the list count.