I need Help

khalidyoo

Hello everyone
I want to launch the virtual keyboard since blue prism as application but I can not, when I run it he tells me (Failed to launch application - Failed to launch C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ osk.exe), I do not want to use attach, but run it as calculator, dsl for the language I use google translation

VJR

Hi khalidyoo,

I received the same error when calling the osk using 'Start a Process'. On doing some research I found that it has got to do with the 32 bit version of application and the 64 bit OS. Below is what the description says.

Seems like the problem is that, by default, Win64 performs a filesystem redirection in all 32 bit processes that makes all accesses to %windir%\System32 (the 64 bit System directory) revert to %windir%\SysWOW64 (the 32 bit one). Thus, invoking explicitly %windir%\System32\osk.exe or %windir%\System32\cmd.exe (for example), launchs the 32 bit versions of the tools.

I found the osk.exe on multiple locations on my machine syswow64, sysetm32, x86 folders etc.
So looks like an automatic redirect occurs to an incorrect version of the file causing the error to throw. When I copied the osk.exe from "C:\Windows\System32\osk.exe" and pasted to some other location and then used Start Process it opened up the Keyboard without any errors. Hope that helps. If you do not wish to copy the file then you probably might have to write some Code stage to permanently resolve the issue.

Sukesh Kumaru

Hello everyone
I want to launch the virtual keyboard since blue prism as application but I can not, when I run it he tells me (Failed to launch application - Failed to launch C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ osk.exe), I do not want to use attach, but run it as calculator, dsl for the language I use google translation
Use global Send Keys and open it through the Start menu as we do manually for this you need to Attach a dummy window saying that application is running background to application modeller in this case use a notepad to attach and start sending global send keys like to open start "ctrl+esc" and type "on s" then send keystroke as "Enter" and Boom your on screen keyboard opens......

Hope you got the solution.

Thanks,
Sukesh Kumaru.

khalidyoo

Hi khalidyoo,

I received the same error when calling the osk using 'Start a Process'. On doing some research I found that it has got to do with the 32 bit version of application and the 64 bit OS. Below is what the description says.

Seems like the problem is that, by default, Win64 performs a filesystem redirection in all 32 bit processes that makes all accesses to %windir%\System32 (the 64 bit System directory) revert to %windir%\SysWOW64 (the 32 bit one). Thus, invoking explicitly %windir%\System32\osk.exe or %windir%\System32\cmd.exe (for example), launchs the 32 bit versions of the tools.

I found the osk.exe on multiple locations on my machine syswow64, sysetm32, x86 folders etc.
So looks like an automatic redirect occurs to an incorrect version of the file causing the error to throw. When I copied the osk.exe from "C:\Windows\System32\osk.exe" and pasted to some other location and then used Start Process it opened up the Keyboard without any errors. Hope that helps. If you do not wish to copy the file then you probably might have to write some Code stage to permanently resolve the issue.

it does not work for me, thanks anyway I will use the method of menu start its works

khalidyoo

Use global Send Keys and open it through the Start menu as we do manually for this you need to Attach a dummy window saying that application is running background to application modeller in this case use a notepad to attach and start sending global send keys like to open start "ctrl+esc" and type "on s" then send keystroke as "Enter" and Boom your on screen keyboard opens......

Hope you got the solution.

Thanks,
Sukesh Kumaru.

Thanks it works x)

khalidyoo

I have another problem I can not attach I have the following error message (Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Navigate1' on page 'Action 1' - Could not open target process) , I need help.

Last edited:

Sukesh Kumaru

Then use Region Mode and draw a region on "Enter" Keystroke image on On Screen Keyboard and perform a "Click Centre" Operation on that, so by doing this you can accomplish your task.

khalidyoo

without attachment I can not use any mode of spy, I download a virtual keyboard from the net and it works, big thanks for ur help.

VJR

Hi khalidyoo,

Since Sendkeys works in Region mode too I would be keen to know what type of application you are working on that does not allow Sendkeys?
I hope you have used the root application element and have tried both SendKeys as well as Sendkeys events.