IE Attach problem

riderc1

I'm working on a solution that starts off with a Win32 app. It logs in to the Win32 program and enters a report name. Once this happens, Internet Explorer launches the web report.
In my Blue Prism process, I have it start up the Win32 app, login. This part works fine. It selects the report. This works fine.
I'm trying to use the Attach command to attach to Internet Explorer (iexplore). This part is not working.
If I manually start my Win32 program, enter the report and launch Internet Explorer, then go to Object Studio and run my business object that does the attach - I'm able to click the Detach button (next to Application Modeller). To me, this implies I'm attached? However, if I go to Application Modeler and highlight any parts of the web app I've spied - none of the them work (this is before I click Detach).
In my Navigate/attach step, I have process name set to "iexplore" and Child Index=1. If I don't have child index set, it complains there are multiple matching processes.
Taskmanager shows two iexplore.exe processes - yet there is a single window. My understanding is there is a parent window/container and each tab shows up as another instance. I only have a single tab. (Which child index=1 should be grabbing).
I was able to spy the web app by having Application Modeler launch IE. I then had to manually set the URL to get to the web report. I would go down this path, but the Win32 app might change URL parameters and/or the account credentials. I do not know what these will be all the time so this is not the best option.
I've thought about having the Win32 app launch IE, grabbing the URL, killing IE, then pasting the URL to IE that BP launches. The security of the web app is poor - so this might work. I was hoping for a better answer.
Any ideas on why attach seems to not be working?

juan.gl

First question: do you have a diferent object for the Internet explorer or is the same as the Win32 app?
try with index = 0, try attaching by the name of the window rather than the process name, see how it goes

riderc1

First question: do you have a diferent object for the Internet explorer or is the same as the Win32 app?
try with index = 0, try attaching by the name of the window rather than the process name, see how it goes
I am using a different object for IE vs the Win32 app.
I just tried index=0 - that works!