Need help for Tag Filter

harish17

Hi Everyone,

I need help from Combination of Tag Filter in Business Object- Work Queue > Action -Get NExt item >Tag Filter
( i was referring from Work Queue Guide from Blue Prism -2.3 Using Tags to get Work Queue Items there they referring to use Combination of Tags in Tag Filter in Get Next Item, i was trying to mimic what they mentioned in the guide like this In Get next item Action - Tag Filter - "+Bruce;+Sita;+Arjun;+Krishna;+Ram;-JFK" All these Tags was Already there in the Queue. Please see the attachment for screenshots.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 2.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 3.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 111

VJR

Hi harish17,

I have gone through your post above, but don't see any question there. So what is it that you would like to ask?
The queue (2.png) is surely going to contain all those tags. The filters in 'Get Next Item' is going to filter out only those tags which you have given in the screenshot 3.png. But it is not going to reflect these tags in the actual queue. It is going to reflect in the Collection that you give in the output parameter of 'Get Next Item'.

After running the Get Next Item, in the output collection you will see the rows with below tags, if they are present:
Bruce
Sita
Arjun
Krishna
Ram

JFK

Hope that was your original question and it makes it clear.

harish17

Hi VJR,
Sorry thought i was mentioned the question in my 1st post. anyways, thanks for your response, The Question is After get Next Item there is Decision stage to check whether item id is present or not([item ID]<>"" it supposed to go to the next stage which is mark completed instead it will go the end stage?- refer 1.png)though there is some work items Present in the Queue it is going to the end stage.if i remove the multi Tag filter and Use only single Tag filter it is working as expected.

VJR

it will go the end stage?- refer 1.png)though there is some work items Present in the Queue
- When you press F10 on 'Get Next Item' does the 'Item Id' Data Item contain anything?

There might be something minor and here are a few things to check
- Check if the queue name given in the diagram and in the System Manager tab and in the actual Control Room queue all are the same
- Refresh the queue (top right hamburger button or F5 key in the Control Room) and then check if there are any pending items in the queue. Do this after 'Add to queue' and before 'Get Next Item'
- Are the queue items Deferred to some future period and that's why not showing in 'Get Next Item'?
- Check the parameters of the 'Add to queue' action
- Sometimes in the top portion of the Control Room the focus goes to the first queue in which case we are looking at the wrong queue.

harish17

Item id is getting empty .
I checked Queue Name in Diagram, System Manager and Control Room. it looks good.
There are pending items Present in the QUeue
There is no Deferred Date it is Working as expected in Case of Single Tags . item Id is getting empty in case of Multi Tags Filter usage in Get next Id

harish17

It doesn't matter Every Single Tag Filter it is Working, in case of Multiple filter item id is getting Empty
Ex;i)+Bruce or - Bruce ii) + Sita or - SIta iii) + Arjun or - Arjun iv) + Krishna or - Krishna V) + Ram or - Ram vi) + JFK or - JFK

VJR

It doesn't matter Every Single Tag Filter it is Working, in case of Multiple filter item id is getting Empty
Ex;i)+Bruce or - Bruce ii) + Sita or - SIta iii) + Arjun or - Arjun iv) + Krishna or - Krishna V) + Ram or - Ram vi) + JFK or - JFK
It is working when you add a single tag.
What happens when you add only two tags in the filter?
Let me know for both results
eg; +Bruce and +Sita
and
+Bruce and -Sita

Kavimani t

I also faced this kind of issue earlier. Multiple combination of tags are not working .what is the format to use multiple tags.

Emil.Tophoej

The format is e.g. “+Work Type1;+Customer Type2;-Work Source1” according to Blue Prism documentation. This example would take a item with the “Work Type1” and “Customer Type2” tags and without a “Work Source1” tag).

Kavimani t

The format is e.g. “+Work Type1;+Customer Type2;-Work Source1” according to Blue Prism documentation. This example would take a item with the “Work Type1” and “Customer Type2” tags and without a “Work Source1” tag).
Thanks for the reply. I will chk and update yu

Emil.Tophoej

To Clarify - the item retrived will have both tags (Work Type1 AND Customer Type2 AND NOT Work Source1)

If you need to get items with ether Tag, use multiple "Get Next Item"-Actions